It is currently September 14th, 2024, 10:00 pm

How to set the default Skin position to "On Desktop?"

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
DoubleElite

How to set the default Skin position to "On Desktop?"

Post by DoubleElite »

Hello everyone, I was wondering if there is a way to set the default position of skins to be on Desktop, that way when I click to view the desktop via the bottom right corner on Win 7 (Or windows + D) it wont hide the skins. I know you can go in and manually set the position for each skin you want. But can I make that the default so I will only have to change a few, instead of a lot?
jsmorley
Developer

Re: How to set the default Skin position to "On Desktop?"

Post by jsmorley »

DoubleElite wrote:Hello everyone, I was wondering if there is a way to set the default position of skins to be on Desktop, that way when I click to view the desktop via the bottom right corner on Win 7 (Or windows + D) it wont hide the skins. I know you can go in and manually set the position for each skin you want. But can I make that the default so I will only have to change a few, instead of a lot?
You can click on the Rainmeter tray icon and say "Edit Settings", then in Rainmeter.ini do a search and replace for "AlwaysOnTop=0" and change it to "AlwaysOnTop=-2" and save. Now refresh Rainmeter and all skins will be On Desktop.

Another approach is to go to a command prompt and type:

"C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.exe" !ZPos -2 *

and hit Enter. That will send a bang to Rainmeter telling it to set all skins to On Desktop.
DoubleElite

Re: How to set the default Skin position to "On Desktop?"

Post by DoubleElite »

I just tried, but once I refresh Rainmeter it doesn't change the position. I'm using the new beta Rainmeter , not the "stable" build. Could that be why?
EDIT: Nevermind, it just took a little bit. It works now, thanks! Love Rainmeter by the way!