It is currently May 9th, 2024, 3:47 am

mouse over delay?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
nawmtaronyu

mouse over delay?

Post by nawmtaronyu »

I'm making a skin for myself to replace the Start menu. I cant access start menu while using Full-screen apps, so I want to make a skin with an invisible icon that I can on top of all that when I mouse over it reveals a menu, I want the delay say 1-2 seconds so that if I scroll over it on my way to something else it doesn't distract me. (Eg. good for accessing Web while playing Rift)
smurfier

Re: mouse over delay?

Post by smurfier »

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
MouseOverAction=!EnableMeasure Action
MouseLeaveAction=!DisableMeasure Action

[Action]
Measure=Calc
Formula=Action+1
IfAboveValue=2
IfAboveAction=Some Action
Disabled=1
GitHub | DeviantArt | Tumblr
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
mieczyslav

Post by mieczyslav »

is the time i have to wait for config to show depends on update rate in [rainmeter] section on the begining of the file or can it be modified somehow?
KreAch3R

Post by KreAch3R »

If you are talking about the IfAboveAction= in smurfier's code, yes, the counter's speed depends on the overall Update value or the UpdateDivider of this measure (currently it's the default = Update). Read more about Update Rates in the manual. :)
Inactive, due to life changes. Send me a PM for any question.

Desktop DeviartArt
mieczyslav

Post by mieczyslav »

i didn't knew that it can be changed so easily thank you very much.
<going back to redefine update values in my code>

one more thing: can update divider be below 0 for example =0.5? or should i have to change the update in rainmeter section and then make update divider into a round number?
smurfier

Post by smurfier »

Update divider can only be a whole number. You'll have to make Update smaller.
GitHub | DeviantArt | Tumblr
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
KreAch3R

Post by KreAch3R »

There is a similar question here. The tl;dr version is that it can't be below 1. You 'll have to lower the overal Update value and increase all the others.

Edit: Smurfier beat me to it. :)

Desktop DeviartArt
mieczyslav

Post by mieczyslav »

I've aaplied the:
On some groups(weather, notes... there's few of 'em) of my config (all in 1 ini file) and strange thing is happening when rainmeter launches or makes refresh itself. It shows and makes them disappear one by one and in the end the last one group lasts on (disappearing is my intention, see code below).

It seems like my measure gets value above 2 on startup. How can i prevent it?

There is an example of my code:

[showweather]
Measure=Calc
Formula=showweather+1
IfAboveValue=2
IfAboveAction=!Execute [!RainmeterHideMeterGroup usb][!RainmeterHideMeterGroup hal][!RainmeterHideMeterGroup cities][!RainmeterHideMeterGroup rss][!RainmeterHideMeterGroup tor][!RainmeterShowMetergroup weather][!RainmeterHideMeterGroup notes][!RainmeterRedraw]

[weathericonarea]
Meter=String
X=-1r
Y=r
H=14
W=14
FontSize=0
SolidColor=0,0,0,1
Hidden=0
mouseoverAction=!EnableMeasure showweather 
MouseLeaveAction=!DisableMeasure showweather

PS
Weather icon area is just a invisible background for real icon to make it easier to hover it (i saw this trick in kotoko suite).
KreAch3R

Post by KreAch3R »

In your example, all of your HideMeter bangs should be ShowMeter ones, if I understand what you 're trying to do correctly. Also, leave out the !Rainmeter and !Execute, it's deprecated and not necessary anymore. :)

(e.g Bang:
IfAboveAction=[!Showmeter Example][!ShowMeterGroup Examples])

Besides that, in your MouseLeaveAction you should specify all the Groups that you want to hide when the mouse leaves the area (a.k.a the bangs that you currently have on IfAboveAction=).

Desktop DeviartArt
mieczyslav

Post by mieczyslav »

My intention was to show only one pop up from mouse hover at a time. Example code which I posted above is made for each other groups and looks pretty similar except for the groups which i want to show. Second thing is i don't want to hide my meter when mouse leaves the region: hide meter bangs were just for hiding all other popups and to make sure that only one will be displayed at time. I made each group to hide on leaving the cursor of their popup not the icon. Dunno if you understand my description so i will post the code for hiding the meter:

[weatherback]
	Meter=IMAGE
	X=(#workareawidth#-250)	
	Y=17
	H=360
	W=220
	ImageName=#ROOTCONFIGPATH#graphics\background.png
	MouseLeaveAction=!Execute [!RainmeterHideMeterGroup usb][!RainmeterHideMeterGroup hal][!RainmeterHideMeterGroup rss][!RainmeterHideMeterGroup tor][!RainmeterHideMetergroup cities][!RainmeterHideMeterGroup weather][!RainmeterHideMeterGroup notes][!RainmeterRedraw]
	group=weather
	Hidden=1
There are some other lines for string and images in that group but that doesn't matter since i use group bangs.
And such code (icon, measure, and popup background) are made for each of 6 groups.

Hope you will get a clearer vision on my problem now ;)