It is currently September 19th, 2024, 11:35 pm

Upgrade and Freeing Space; Hello

Introduce yourself to the Rainmeter community!
Optima

Upgrade and Freeing Space; Hello

Post by Optima »

Hmm, figure this is the best place to get started. I have been disappointed with my desktop for a while. Added something from this site and loved it so now here I am. I read somewhere on one of the skins I can "free up disk space"?

I'd like to know more about that bc I have some videos that record at 1GB like every 2 minutes for some reason, Idk. So my hard drive is full because I have around 25 videos and now my PC is slow.

Also I would like to add a really really cool layout to my desktop with sweet technological effects so I will be reading around. If anyone can give me direction that would be much appreciated.
Kaelri
Developer

Re: Upgrade and Freeing Space; Hello

Post by Kaelri »

Rainmeter will not free up your disk space. It won't take much, either, but it won't free it. That's simply not what it's for. Rainmeter is just a platform that runs gadgets (or "skins") on your Windows desktop.

On the other hand, if you're looking for a new layout or some eye candy for your desktop, you've come to the right place. :) Go here to download "featured" skins, or link to our other galleries on deviantArt, Customize.org, et al.
Optima

Re: Upgrade and Freeing Space; Hello

Post by Optima »

Awesome OK thanks. Yeah, I read it was not for making hard drive space but actually just switching it from showing the amount GB's used to the amount GB's NOT used.

I am totally interested in a new look. Thanks