It is currently September 14th, 2024, 10:11 pm

Rainmeter skins are all hidden... or something

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
Freespace535

Rainmeter skins are all hidden... or something

Post by Freespace535 »

Heyo. I got rainmeter a couple weeks ago, downloaded a whole bunch of different skins, customized it to my liking, etc. I saved a bunch of themes, which were all a mixture of skins from different themes (i can't remember if themes is the right term, but they were a mixture of skins from Lifeless red, hexagon, lexis, etc.).

A little while ago, I was messing around and right clicked a skin, and tried to change the theme. Everything disappeared, and it doesn't matter what I do, but i can't get the skins to show back up. I've closed and re-opened rainmeter many times, and I've also restarted my computer. Rainmeter either refuses to run for some reason, or all my skins are hidden and I don't know how to open rainmeter to add more.

Any help?
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Rainmeter skins are all hidden... or something

Post by jsmorley »

Well, first off, is there an icon for Rainmeter in your Window system tray?

If not, it's not running for some reason.

If so, then left click it to open "Manager". Look at the "Running skins" pull down at the top left. Any running at this time? If so, then click on one of them and check the "Coordinates" in the middle panel. It is perhaps off the screen somewhere? If so, just change the Coordinates to 0 and 0 and it should move to the top left of your screen. Now you can drag it where you want it.

If no skins are running, find one you want and load it. Does it load and display ok?

Let me know how all this goes, and we can go from there to get you to where you want to be and safe from any misclicks or anything.
Freespace535

Re: Rainmeter skins are all hidden... or something

Post by Freespace535 »

Ah, thanks for that tip about the System tray. It was indeed running in there - this is as I suspected but I couldn't find any way to open the program (because every time I ran it, I think it just tried to load all my non-existent skins, not the manager). So then I was able to get some skins back to access it easier. Even after I got it to load skins, I wasn't able to get any of my themes back, because every time I tried to load one it just gave me a blank desktop. Preset themes still load though, but I'm going to have to remake my theme from memory since I can't get any.

Any idea why the themes weren't working right anymore? I don't think I deleted them or anything... am I supposed to save them somewhere else (I just clicked 'save' in the manager)?

Thanks for the help though, problem solved for now.

**Edit - problem is now fully resolved. Turns out I was checking the box for 'Save as blank something' for some reason... anyway, now I am saving my themes correctly. All for the better actually, because I like my current arrangement even more.

Thanks