It is currently September 19th, 2024, 11:45 pm

Normal, Bottom, Desktop - going crazy with cascading menus

Introduce yourself to the Rainmeter community!
dwilbank

Normal, Bottom, Desktop - going crazy with cascading menus

Post by dwilbank »

Hi.
I'm trying to get all my shaded bars and rss feeds and calendars to appear at the right Z-depth, but it's pretty tiring right clicking each individual skin and setting it's Position value separately. I looked at Rainmeter.ini to see if I could change them all at once in a single text file, and it looks promising, but I see a bunch of skins in there which are not active at the moment.

Am I on the right track?
Does Rainmeter.ini contain parameters for every skin I've ever launched? So I can delete entries I don't need?

Thanks for any other tips you have on adjusting skins quickly.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Normal, Bottom, Desktop - going crazy with cascading men

Post by jsmorley »

dwilbank wrote:Hi.
I'm trying to get all my shaded bars and rss feeds and calendars to appear at the right Z-depth, but it's pretty tiring right clicking each individual skin and setting it's Position value separately. I looked at Rainmeter.ini to see if I could change them all at once in a single text file, and it looks promising, but I see a bunch of skins in there which are not active at the moment.

Am I on the right track?
Does Rainmeter.ini contain parameters for every skin I've ever launched? So I can delete entries I don't need?

Thanks for any other tips you have on adjusting skins quickly.
Yes to all questions.
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

That's correct. Rainmeter.ini is where the state of your current Rainmeter theme is saved, including settings for both active and inactive skins. If you remove sections for old/inactive skins, they'll just appear with the default settings the next time you load them.

Just make sure to close Rainmeter while editing the file. Rainmeter.ini is read when Rainmeter opens, and saved when it closes, but it's mostly ignored while the program is running, and your changes may be overwritten.
dwilbank

Post by dwilbank »

Joy.
Thanks sirs.