It is currently May 6th, 2024, 7:07 pm

run ini from ini help

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Imaginos

run ini from ini help

Post by Imaginos »

Hi there everyone!

I'm trying to run an ini file from another ini file on LeftMouseUpAction but I'm doing something wrong as it won't launch. I get the error !ActivateConfig "Runner\Runner.ini" not found, yet it is there.

LeftMouseUpAction=!ActivateConfig Runner Runner.ini

That's my code line. I have a directory structure that looks like this:

MySkin /
MySkin / Runner / Runner.ini
MySkin / Runner / Images / files.png (28 of them)
MySkin / RunnerButton / RunnerButton.ini
MySkin / RunnerButton / RunnerButton.png

Does the ActivateConfig automatically find all ini files under the rainmeter Skins directory? I've tried the above command with the Runner files and ini in the RunnerButton directory, the Runner files in their own directory (as above) and the Runner files in the Runner directory under RunnerButton and none of these worked :/ So I'm messing up the command somewhere?

If the command is missing [ ] how do I add it to a string of commands using execute? " " instead of secondary brackets inside of brackets?

Thank You
Kaelri
Developer

Re: run ini from ini help

Post by Kaelri »

If you have a skin located at "MySkin\Runner\Runner.ini", then the command to activate it would be

Code: Select all

!ActivateConfig "MySkin\Runner" "Runner.ini"
where "MySkin" is the complete path under the top-level Skins folder (e.g. "C:\Users\[YourName]\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\MySkin\Runner\Runner.ini").

I'm not sure I understood your second question, but generally, if you want to add a command to a series using !Execute, just add the brackets around it. If there are already brackets within one of the command's parameters, just make sure the parameter is in quotes. For example:

Code: Select all

!Execute [!ActivateConfig "MySkin\Runner" "Runner.ini"][!SetOption SomeMeter Text "This text has [brackets], but it's ok because it's in quotes."]
Imaginos

Post by Imaginos »

ok thanks, I didn't know you needed the path to the ini as the page says not to use the path. I take it I can use things like #currentpath# instead of typing the whole thing out?

EDIT: This didnt work either :/

LeftMouseUpAction=!ActivateConfig #ROOTCONFIGPATH#Runner Runner.ini

the error log tells me this: !ActiveConfig "c:\rainmeter\skins\MySkin\Runner\Runner.ini" not found, yet it is there in that folder structure.

Typing that path into my browser to check for spelling errors loads the ini file just fine.
Last edited by Imaginos on October 17th, 2011, 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Imaginos wrote:ok thanks, I didn't know you needed the path to the ini as the page says not to use the path. I take it I can use things like #currentpath# instead of typing the whole thing out?
It's not a path. It is a "config name". Config names consist of the folder(s) directly below Rainmeter\Skins\ that get you to the place where your skin's .ini file is. #CURRENTPATH# most certainly won't work as a part of a config name.

http://rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=56698#p56698
Imaginos

Post by Imaginos »

jsmorley wrote: It's not a path. It is a "config name". Config names consist of the folder(s) directly below Rainmeter\Skins\ that get you to the place where your skin's .ini file is. #CURRENTPATH# most certainly won't work as a part of a config name.

hmm ok thank you for the link. I'll get the hang of this sooner or later :), and sooner with excellent help from people such as yourself and Kaelri.

Thank you both again.
Imaginos
mangbok

Post by mangbok »

jsmorley wrote: It's not a path. It is a "config name". Config names consist of the folder(s) directly below Rainmeter\Skins\ that get you to the place where your skin's .ini file is. #CURRENTPATH# most certainly won't work as a part of a config name.

It would be better if you can make a button based on the run ini from ini.

thanks