It is currently April 27th, 2024, 5:01 pm

NowPlaying.dll Incompatibility with iTunes 10.5

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
JabariSmith

NowPlaying.dll Incompatibility with iTunes 10.5

Post by JabariSmith »

The title says it all. My skin that uses the "NowPlaying.dll" plugin no longer displays any information from iTunes. This has been the case since I upgraded from iTunes 10.4 to 10.5.

iTunes has also broken all compatibility with media buttons on keyboards and mice, but that has been the case for the past few versions. I think it's weird that they're rendering external software incompatible with their software.
smurfier

Re: NowPlaying.dll Incompatibility with iTunes 10.5

Post by smurfier »

Please see here.
GitHub | DeviantArt | Tumblr
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Could you try installing this developer version: http://poiru.net/Rainmeter-2.2-r1000-beta.exe

If that doesn't solve your issue, you might want to try a reinstall of iTunes. Updating iTunes is known to break the COM interface (which is used by 3rd party applications to communicate with iTunes) in some cases.
JabariSmith

Post by JabariSmith »

Thanks guys. I didn't get a chance to try smurfier's solution, but Poiru, that worked like a charm. Hopefully that version will go live later today.