It is currently September 8th, 2024, 2:32 am

Rainformer 3.1 HWiNFO Edition

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Rainformer 3.1 HWiNFO Edition

Post by Yincognito »

GraphicsTrend wrote: June 27th, 2024, 7:25 pmI tried once again and nothing worked in terms of temperatures/fan speeds or anything that uses HWiNFO. I used HWiNFO 7.5.
Yincognito wrote: June 28th, 2024, 12:22 amI'll check it again tomorrow and see if I got some other ideas.
Alright, as promised, I tried it again and both my NVidiaGeForce GTX 1650 dedicated video card and my AMD Vega 6 integrated card display the right values, once configured. I didn't have to configure anything for the former as all the right values were already there in the case of the GPU1 skin, while I've been setting some values without any issues for the latter in the case of the GPU2 skin (though I didn't bother much with the memory values, as you can see). I did have to refresh the skins to see the updated results though:
RainformerHWi.jpg
RainformerHWi2.jpg
So, I'm out of ideas for the current code, since your screenshots appear to illustrate that you configured everything correctly. That being said, since you already tried a 7.0+ version of HWiNFO, you could try to "convert" how the Rainformer skin works to the "new" way of Using HWiNFO with Rainmeter. Start small with a few things like the GPU temperature, see if it works better than the "old" Shared Memory Viewer way, and if so, convert the rest of it. By the way, not sure how this skin is computing the memory stuff, as it seems to have some differences between the NVidia vs AMD systems.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
mpetit987

Post by mpetit987 »

In Weather Widget, Location Finder is not working.

1) It used to work.
2) Entering a location and pressing the enter key does nothing.
3) I have updated my API Key.

Is it working for you?
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

mpetit987 wrote: July 22nd, 2024, 11:15 pm In Weather Widget, Location Finder is not working.

1) It used to work.
2) Entering a location and pressing the enter key does nothing.
3) I have updated my API Key.

Is it working for you?
This may possibly be related to this (this is just a guess, didn't test the thing for this particular skin suite):
https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=35770&start=630#p224934

So, basically, if that's the case, you'd probably need to find the WebParser measure (the measure having a Measure=WebParser line in it) connecting to the Nominatim site / address, and add the linked UserAgent line to it.
mpetit987

Post by mpetit987 »

Yincognito, Thank you with your quick answer.

ini lingo is a bit hard for a retired Java and XML aficionado.
It might be above my pay grade but I will give it a try tomorrow.
Thank you for the link.
I confirm that https://nominatim.openstreetmap.org/search.php?q=Anchorage&format=json is working from a web browser.
Will get back to you after I investigate.
mpetit987

Post by mpetit987 »

In WeatherComLocationFinder.ini, found line with Measure=WebParser
My oringinal line with UserAgent was: UserAgent=#UsrAgnt#
replaced it by: UserAgent="#ROOTCONFIG#/3.1.0 (powered by Rainmeter)" As I use Rainformer 3.1 not working

But reading the thread "Weather Skins Not working" from page 61
nothing that balala said was working is working for me, for example
UserAgent="#ROOTCONFIG#/2024-05-17 (powered by Rainmeter)" not working

So I think the problem with RainMeter 4.5.18 RainFormer 3.1 HWINFO Location Finder 2.9.2 might be something else.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

mpetit987 wrote: July 24th, 2024, 4:30 am In WeatherComLocationFinder.ini, found line with Measure=WebParser
My oringinal line with UserAgent was: UserAgent=#UsrAgnt#
replaced it by: UserAgent="#ROOTCONFIG#/3.1.0 (powered by Rainmeter)" As I use Rainformer 3.1 not working

But reading the thread "Weather Skins Not working" from page 61
nothing that balala said was working is working for me, for example
UserAgent="#ROOTCONFIG#/2024-05-17 (powered by Rainmeter)" not working

So I think the problem with RainMeter 4.5.18 RainFormer 3.1 HWINFO Location Finder 2.9.2 might be something else.
I see. I'll take a look at it later on today and let you know the result. ;-)
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

mpetit987 wrote: July 24th, 2024, 4:30 amSo I think the problem with RainMeter 4.5.18 RainFormer 3.1 HWINFO Location Finder 2.9.2 might be something else.
Yincognito wrote: July 24th, 2024, 1:56 pmI see. I'll take a look at it later on today and let you know the result. ;-)
As promised, I tested it myself, and it worked for me:
Rainformer Location Finder.jpg
What I did:

1) download the original skin from https://www.deviantart.com/pul53dr1v3r/art/Rainformer-3-1-HWiNFO-Edition-Rainmeter-789616481
2) change the key to the current one like explained at https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=224650#p224426
3) in C:\Users\[User]\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\RainformerHWi\Weather\LocationFinder\LocationFinder.ini, replace the [MeasureLocations] measure with:

Code: Select all

[MeasureLocations]
Measure=WebParser
URL=https://nominatim.openstreetmap.org/search.php?q=#InputLocation#&format=json
Flags=Resync | NoCookies
UserAgent="#ROOTCONFIG#/3.1.0 (powered by Rainmeter)"
;UserAgent=#UsrAgnt#
RegExp=(?siU)#Record##Record##Record##Record##Record##Record##Record##Record##Record##Record#
UpdateRate=86400
LogSubstringErrors=0
Header="Accept-Language: #Lang#"
FinishAction=[!EnableMeasureGroup Children][!UpdateMeasureGroup Children]
4) save the edited files, refresh the relevant skins, i.e. the usual stuff

No need to change the value of the UsrAgnt variable in the C:\Users\[User]\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\RainformerHWi\@Resources\Variables.inc file!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mpetit987

Post by mpetit987 »

01) First Thank you very much for your help, you are a very talented instructor. Your explanations are gold.

02) You are going to get a kick out of this one, I sure did: Your instructions followed to a T give me of course a new skin where when I entered Los Angeles, accepted it but instead hard coded Irkutz,RU where it is pretty frosty!, then I cannot change it, it is forever Irkutz!

03) Knowing that it is working for you opens some new alleys of research for me.

04) No worry, as a retired CSE I kept my old one as a back-up, I can go back to it.

05) I was in vacation and I wanted to change the location but it is going to end soon, so I can go back to my home location.

06) I did not know that Location Finder was such a can of worms and openstreetmap was so pedantic about it!

07) I might keep reading some rainmeter forums now that it picked my curiosity.

08) Will keep you posted.

09) Again I sure did appreciate your help.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

mpetit987 wrote: July 24th, 2024, 5:53 pmYour instructions followed to a T give me of course a new skin where when I entered Los Angeles, accepted it but instead hard coded Irkutz,RU where it is pretty frosty!, then I cannot change it, it is forever Irkutz!
Los Angeles works as well:
LA.jpg
It's possible that for some reason (which might or might not be your fault) the said user agent value is not accepted by openstreetmap in your case - as you could see in the "Weather Skins Not working" thread, folks can have different experiences with it nowadays. If the location finder approach insists in failing, you can still manually adjust the values of the Latitude and Longitude variables in the Variables.inc file mentioned above to your own and be done with it. It would obviously be not as convenient, nice and comfortable from an user friendly point of view, but it will work regardless. After all, it isn't that hard to get the geocode of any reasonable known location on Earth just by googling it on Wiki. :confused:

P.S. You're welcome, of course - too bad I couldn't help you all the way to a solution that would work for you in this case.
mpetit987

Post by mpetit987 »

Once you told me the file only need longitude and latitude to get location, thank you for that!

For Location Finder to work in a sort of hard coded way:

01) in a browser https://nominatim.openstreetmap.org/search.php?q=Los%20Angeles,CA&format=json
find lat value and lon value

02) in Variables.inc
find Latitude= and change value to lat value
find Longitude= and change value to lon value
save

03) in Weather refresh skin and here we go: Weather in Los Angeles, CA

It works this way but I will still investigate why it is not working the GUI way and let you know if I find a solution.