It is currently September 16th, 2024, 7:52 pm

Rainformer 3.1 HWiNFO Edition

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
CabanaBanana

Re: Rainformer 3.1 HWiNFO Edition

Post by CabanaBanana »

If your weather has been broken like mine for a while, I found this post while looking for a solution and per the skins author, "Pul53dr1v3r" on their deviantart page, they posted this new APIKey solution just a few days ago

"New API key for the WEATHER skin (Updated on 16-May-2024): Go to C:\Users\User\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\RainformerHWi\@Resources, find Variables.inc document, open it, search for "APIKey" variable and replace its value to 71f92ea9dd2f4790b92ea9dd2f779061, save the changesthen refresh the skin or Rainmeter."

Mesh24

Post by Mesh24 »

Thank you CabanaBanana!
GraphicsTrend

Post by GraphicsTrend »

Hello,

I am not able to get GPU speed, temperature or fan speed to work using HWINFO 3.1. Can I get some help?
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

GraphicsTrend wrote: June 13th, 2024, 6:02 pm Hello,

I am not able to get GPU speed, temperature or fan speed to work using HWINFO 3.1. Can I get some help?
I'm not familiar with or use the skin suite, but did you check the video tutorial linked on the first page of this thread? That should provide most of the help one would need to set up the skin and its dependencies (check the YT comments about the HWiNFO version too)... :???:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
GraphicsTrend

Post by GraphicsTrend »

Yes, I did follow al the steps but it did not work. The GPU meter in the original "gadgets" skin worked, but not in "RainformerHwi".
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

GraphicsTrend wrote: June 14th, 2024, 2:40 pm Yes, I did follow al the steps but it did not work. The GPU meter in the original "gadgets" skin worked, but not in "RainformerHwi".
I see. Just to have an idea: what video card(s) do you have (maybe you can attach some screenshots of the HWINFO Sensor and Shared Memory Viewer on this)? Are you sure the card(s) is / are not too new to not be supported by the 6.42 version of HWINFO that uses the Shared Memory Viewer and seems to be recommended for this skin suite (in case this is the issue, that is)? :???:

Me, I use the 7+ version of HWINFO (and so are the most recent Gadgets from SilverAzide, if I recall correctly), so that might explain the problem...

EDIT: Just tried the GPU1 skin from the suite, and worked fine for me on HWiNFO 7.50, once I enabled the Shared Memory Support from its Settings:
Rainformer HWiNFO.jpg
Obviously, the 2 video cards I have do appear in both the Sensor and Shared Memory Viewer windows of HWiNFO.
Didn't even have to change any value in the [SkinsFolder]\RainformerHWi\@Resources\HWiNFO.inc file either.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GraphicsTrend

Post by GraphicsTrend »

@Yincognito
Thank you for your input. I will try once more and let you know.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

GraphicsTrend wrote: June 17th, 2024, 2:27 pm @Yincognito
Thank you for your input. I will try once more and let you know.
Alright, wish you luck in your attempt. Looking forward to your feedback on how it went. ;-)
GraphicsTrend

Post by GraphicsTrend »

I tried once again and nothing worked in terms of temperatures/fan speeds or anything that uses HWiNFO. I used HWiNFO 7.5. I enabled the same settings as you showed in your message. I also set the settings as needed in the shared memory viewer. Even the CPU temperature, for example, as shown in the figure below did not work. I also set the GPU#1 for my NVidia and GPU#0 for my onboard GPU and none of the widgets show any numbers. Any help would be appreciated.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

GraphicsTrend wrote: June 27th, 2024, 7:25 pm I tried once again and nothing worked in terms of temperatures/fan speeds or anything that uses HWiNFO.
I'll check it again tomorrow and see if I got some other ideas.