It is currently September 14th, 2024, 10:18 pm

Lyrical

Media controls, music players, video and animated visualizers
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Lyrical

Post by Yincognito »

Creepurr wrote: June 23rd, 2024, 3:42 pm Sorry for bothering an old thread, but I have a problem with the skin as it struggles to read the metadata of my flac collections. It shows up fine on Foobar with OpenLyrics and Jellyfin. I've repeatedly checked the metadata of the current playing song with MediaMonkey and mp3Tag and the metadata is in the flacs. I am using the NowPlaying version of the skin and the skin is detecting the name of the song and artist but not the lyrics.
The only tags you need in the audio files in order to look for lyrics are the Artist and the Title, see the Note here:
https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/measures/nowplaying/#PlayerType
Then, based on those two, the measure will try to find the lyrics on that site. If the lyrics are not found on the site, or if by any chance you meant that you have the lyrics embedded within the FLAC file's metadata (just guessing here), then the measure won't output anything. So basically the song must be relatively known, have those two tags above, and you must be connected to the internet to get something out of it.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Creepurr

Post by Creepurr »

Well, that's a bummer. Yes, I was referring to reading the metadata of the file. But it is still true that I have both the artist and the song name displayed correctly. Even when trying some of my most well-known songs, no lyrics seemed to be displayed. Image. Unless there's a specific requirement needed to let Rainmeter itself access to the internet?
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Creepurr wrote: June 24th, 2024, 1:40 am Well, that's a bummer. Yes, I was referring to reading the metadata of the file. But it is still true that I have both the artist and the song name displayed correctly. Even when trying some of my most well-known songs, no lyrics seemed to be displayed. Image. Unless there's a specific requirement needed to let Rainmeter itself access to the internet?
Other than allowing Rainmeter through your firewall / security solution, if any, no, there's no special thing to do to let it access the internet and the said lyrics site.

Can't test a FLAC now (maybe you can compress and upload one here tomorrow), but the site does seem to have the song in your image:
https://www.letras.mus.br/shawn-mendes/treat-you-better/
so you should get the lyrics. Unless, of course, there's some file format or player particularity at fault. Do lyrics work if you try an equivalent MP3 in a classic player like Winamp, to begin with? Maybe we can narrow the issue through such an elimination process...

An unlikely alternative for embedded lyrics would be to find some plugin that shares / communicates that to Rainmeter, or even saves it to a text file that Rainmeter can parse, but that's doubtful and a bit extreme / convoluted, the standard lyrics feature should be the easy choice.
Creepurr

Post by Creepurr »

Just tried Winamp and it does show them lyrics hahahaha. I guess it's something to do with Foobar? That's odd tho considering they both displayed the correct Artist and song name in the same textfield. :???:
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Creepurr wrote: June 24th, 2024, 2:59 am Just tried Winamp and it does show them lyrics hahahaha. I guess it's something to do with Foobar? That's odd tho considering they both displayed the correct Artist and song name in the same textfield. :???:
I don't know exactly, I don't use Foobar. However, making sure you have the right plugin / dependencies for your foobar version might help (try each possibility):
- https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/measures/nowplaying/ (Fully Supported Players section on foobar)
- https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=42334&start=10#p214720
- https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=42731

Some of the links might be outdated by now, but maybe they help. Not sure how and if they relate to the lyrics retrieval, as I didn't test that back then, so trying them is the only way to know for sure. You could contact sl23 too or ask him to test lyrics in this skin, since he was using foobar at that time, he might know more about it...
sl23

Post by sl23 »

Sorry I didn't get on this earlier, I've been a bit burnt out from the last few days trying to get the Input skin working. I've never bothered with lyrics, but I'll test with my set up :)
57686174 77696C6C 6265 77696C6C 6265
sl23

Post by sl23 »

Quick test shows everything working for me.
What version of foobar are you using? Have you updated to foobar v2 x64 and the x64 foobar plugins?
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

sl23 wrote: June 24th, 2024, 8:50 pm Sorry I didn't get on this earlier, I've been a bit burnt out from the last few days trying to get the Input skin working. I've never bothered with lyrics, but I'll test with my set up :)
sl23 wrote: June 24th, 2024, 9:13 pm Quick test shows everything working for me.
What version of foobar are you using? Have you updated to foobar v2 x64 and the x64 foobar plugins?
No worries, thanks a lot for testing! :rosegift:
Well, that clears things up considerably. For reference, in case it matters, you're on Win 11 as far as I recall, correct me if I'm wrong. Also, can you link the plugins you're using, as it's been a while since last talking about it, and I'm not sure about it - and the OP probably isn't either.
sl23

Post by sl23 »

Just realised there's two skins, I didn't test the WebNowPlaying as I don't know how it works and never use that. If it's that side of things that needs testing, I'll need to know how to use it and if I need to set it up in anyway or is it meant to "just work?" Cos it didn't

I installed the updated foo_cad_nowplaying v1.0.3.2 plugin by dayuyu, and the WebNowPlaying one too.

If there's anything else, just let me know :)
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

sl23 wrote: June 25th, 2024, 8:59 am Just realised there's two skins, I didn't test the WebNowPlaying as I don't know how it works and never use that. If it's that side of things that needs testing, I'll need to know how to use it and if I need to set it up in anyway or is it meant to "just work?" Cos it didn't

I installed the updated foo_cad_nowplaying v1.0.3.2 plugin by dayuyu, and the WebNowPlaying one too.

If there's anything else, just let me know :)
Yep, that should be enough info, thanks. No, WebNowPlaying doesn't have a lyrics option, only NowPlaying does, as far as I recall. Plus, the OP said he used NowPlaying too, so your test should be highly relevant. :thumbup: