It is currently October 22nd, 2024, 6:43 pm

How can I do scale Skin Size with pulling

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: How can I do scale Skin Size with pulling

Post by Yincognito »

RicardoTM wrote: Today, 3:13 pm Honestly I don't really like giving too much freedom to the user
Down with the skin tyrants! We want freedom! Viva la revolucion! :twisted:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
RicardoTM

Post by RicardoTM »

Yincognito wrote: Today, 3:19 pm Down with the skin tyrants! We want freedom! Viva la revolucion! :twisted:
Shhh! Go back to your cell! :rofl: no habrá libertad para los paganos.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

RicardoTM wrote: Today, 3:31 pm Shhh! Go back to your cell! :rofl: no habrá libertad para los paganos.
I had the perfect joke for that answer though, it was even half on topic... :lol:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

RicardoTM wrote: Today, 3:13 pm Honestly I don't really like giving too much freedom to the user because it makes it more difficult to prevent scenarios where things get out of shape. On the HSLiders skin for example, I don't give the option to change the dimensions freely even though the skin is perfectly capable of it, however I created a custom menu for the user to select from certain aspect ratios I tested that look "good enough". And to also please those with extravagant taste, I added the option to invert the aspect ratio (for vertical setup) although I don't really like how it looks, but did make sure it was still functional.
Good point. Makes sense perfectly.
Rooky_89

Post by Rooky_89 »

Good evening everyone, :welcome: :bow:

First thanks, on all :rosegift: :rosegift: :rosegift: :rosegift:

I'm glad that you support me so much and discuss the topic. :rosegift: :great:

Now I have a few things to try out, to understand and to learn. There are some good examples, I think that's great, hopefully it will help others here in the forum too. Learning starts with trying things out :rolmfao: :rofl: :D :lol: ;-)

I'm thinking about saving the drawn skin size in X and Y in a variable so that it doesn't return to its original value when updating but only when double-clicking ore some thing else. :rosegift:
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Rooky_89 wrote: Today, 5:30 pm I'm thinking about saving the drawn skin size in X and Y in a variable so that it doesn't return to its original value when updating but only when double-clicking ore some thing else. :rosegift:
RicardoTM already does that in his skins by default, but you can easily place some button or whatever that on the mouse action of your choosing will !WriteKeyValue the current scaling values to either the main .ini or an .inc that's @included in the main skin. Obviously, you can do it even without an extra visual element like a button, like you mentioned. Or, you could use the [Rainmeter] section's OnCloseAction to do it, assuming your skin and Rainmeter don't crash (i.e. they close / unload normally).
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Rooky_89 wrote: Today, 5:30 pm I'm thinking about saving the drawn skin size in X and Y in a variable so that it doesn't return to its original value when updating but only when double-clicking ore some thing else. :rosegift:
Take into account what Yincognito wrote above, he described how can you do this, but reading your post, I think I see a terminology mistake on your side. The size of the skin is not returning to the original value when the skin is updated (if it were doing this, you practically couldn't resize it, because the skin is updated once per second, due to the Update=1000 option of the [Rainmeter] section, so it would getting back the original size every second), but when it is refreshed. Refresh is a completely different operation than the update. When refreshing a skin, it is practically rebuilt from 0, all its measures get their starting values, all meters are redrawn and so on. Update goes on regularly, all measures and meters are just updated in way to reflect the changes since the last previous update.
Rooky_89

Post by Rooky_89 »

RicardoTM wrote: Today, 11:14 am
Here's the test skin. It uses a system I call "Units, Boxes and Grids". It consists on creating a "units system" and then use it to create a grid, then using the units to place the meters along the grid. Meters need Boxes to keep their positions and dimmensions relative to them. String meters need also dummy meters to calculate the correct font size using a formula Yincognito made some time ago.
It is farily simple once you understand it. If you have any questions let me know.
Thank you Ricardo for making your work and effort to create a skin for me. I really appreciate that. Thank you very much :rosegift: :rosegift:
Rooky_89

Post by Rooky_89 »

balala wrote: 52 minutes ago ... Refresh is a completely different operation than the update ....
Yes, you are right. It was my mistake. I mean refreshing, of course. That rebuilds the skin :oops: