New Wifi Status Plugin

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
kenz0
Developer

Re: New Wifi Status Plugin

Post by kenz0 »

Thanks. I have finished commit now.
http://code.google.com/p/rainmeter/source/detail?r=128
Let me know if you need anything else for the trunk.
Probably that's enough.
well, In the support about this plugin, I would like you to act positively as a developer of Wifi Status plugin. ;)
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

NVME

I am thrilled, and you should be proud of what you have done ;)
You have helped breathe life back into one part of Rainmeter, and that is no small feat.

Congratulations to you and thanks for your hard work.

And I believe Kenz0-Sama has just asked you to maintain the plugin you developed :D

Once again, I thank you. Know that your work has brought tears of joy to me :D :cry:
nvme
Developer

Post by nvme »

@sgt: Thanks, your words are always intense :), but much appreciated.

Next step with this plugin is adding features for trying to refresh / repair / disable your connection, I'll get on that soon.
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

nvme wrote:@sgt: Thanks, your words are always intense :), but much appreciated.

Next step with this plugin is adding features for trying to refresh / repair / disable your connection, I'll get on that soon.
Excellent :D

I am am not much help in these matters, but as you require anything, you let me know, and I will see what I can do ;)
Alv

Post by Alv »

Hey! :)

With version 1.8, I seem to be getting the "Rainmeter plugin C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Plugins/../plugins/WifiStatus.dll not found" error that sgtevmckay highlighted on the first page.

I get memory leaks to any version prior to 1.8 (including the one in the Rainmeter 1.0 package) so I'm hoping this can be fixed :)

Thanks!
KiRe

Post by KiRe »

Alv wrote:Hey! :)

With version 1.8, I seem to be getting the "Rainmeter plugin C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Plugins/../plugins/WifiStatus.dll not found" error that sgtevmckay highlighted on the first page.

I get memory leaks to any version prior to 1.8 (including the one in the Rainmeter 1.0 package) so I'm hoping this can be fixed :)

Thanks!
I'm 99% sure that v1.8 is in the Rainmeter 1.0 release... so, the memory leak shouldn't be there unless there is a new leak.
^ rainmeter noob.
modulat0r

Post by modulat0r »

Hello.

Just got v1.0 after using 0.14 for awhile. The 1st post noted that this is working for x86 and x64 windows, but the thing is the required KB918997 which includes the wlanapi.dll is not available for xp 64-bit. Hence I've been unable to make the wifi plugin work so far. I always get the message that wlanapi.dll is unavailable which leads to failure to load the plugin.

Any suggestions for a fix for this? Thanks.

BTW filesizes for the plugin on this thread and the one included in v1.0 are different. Are they the same?
Alv

Post by Alv »

KiRe wrote: I'm 99% sure that v1.8 is in the Rainmeter 1.0 release... so, the memory leak shouldn't be there unless there is a new leak.
Howdy,

I do get memory leaks when the WIFI plugin is used in Rainmeter 1.0 (steadily increasing memory usage seen in Task Manager). The problem is gone when I close Enigma\Taskbar\System-WIFI.

Furthermore, WifiStatus.dll is 30kb when installed with Rainmeter 1.0. The downloaded WifiStatus.dll version 1.8 is only 19kb after extraction. Hence, I don't think the included version is 1.8
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Alv wrote: Howdy,

I do get memory leaks when the WIFI plugin is used in Rainmeter 1.0 (steadily increasing memory usage seen in Task Manager). The problem is gone when I close Enigma\Taskbar\System-WIFI.

Furthermore, WifiStatus.dll is 30kb when installed with Rainmeter 1.0. The downloaded WifiStatus.dll version 1.8 is only 19kb after extraction. Hence, I don't think the included version is 1.8
Are you on the 32bit or 64bit version of Rainmeter? At least on the 32bit version, which is what I run, when I right click the Rainmeter system tray icon and do "About", scroll to the right and look at "Plugins", the WifiStatus version is 1.8. Can you check this if you are on the 64bit version?
Alv

Post by Alv »

jsmorley wrote: Are you on the 32bit or 64bit version of Rainmeter? At least on the 32bit version, which is what I run, when I right click the Rainmeter system tray icon and do "About", scroll to the right and look at "Plugins", the WifiStatus version is 1.8. Can you check this if you are on the 64bit version?
just checked, yes, it does say version 1.8 on the 64bit version (which I use). strange though since the file sizes are different.

to summarise

a) The WifiStatus.dll (30kb) that comes with Rainmeter 1.0 installation package gives me a memory leak. Disabling it removes the memory leak.

b) The WifiStatus.dll (19kb) that is downloaded from the first page of this thread gives me the "Plugin not found in Plugins/../Plugins" error, as mentioned in the first page for older versions. I use Windows 7 64bit.

anyone able to figure out a fix for this?
thanks and regards :)