It is currently September 14th, 2024, 9:59 pm

Gadgets 7.8.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadgets 7.7.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by SilverAzide »

XylemFlow wrote: August 28th, 2024, 8:02 pm This is my favorite Rainmeter suite. The HWiNFO bit is new, so I'm not sure where to put it, but I've had some of the others on my second screen for months and months now.
Hi XylemFlow! Great screenshot! :great: Perfectly integrates with your chromatic zigzag, LOL...

Sorry for the late response, but very glad to see you got it all working! Thanks for the assist, Yincognito, much obliged!
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

SilverAzide wrote: August 28th, 2024, 9:47 pm Thanks for the assist, Yincognito, much obliged!
No problem, SilverAzide, it was my pleasure! Was going to let you handle it initially, but the man was so close and eager to make it work, so I had to give him a helping hand. ;-)
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
XylemFlow

Post by XylemFlow »

And I already have a question: Is there a way to change the values? For instance, change "System 1" to "MB Fan 1" or some such.
2024-08-28 21_30_37-D__Documents_Rainmeter_Skins_Gadgets_HWiNFO Meter_HWiNFO Meter.ini.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
::: XylemFlow
::: It's better to have loved and lost than to never have had a good pair of speakers.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

XylemFlow wrote: August 29th, 2024, 1:33 am And I already have a question: Is there a way to change the values? For instance, change "System 1" to "MB Fan 1" or some such.
I believe you can rename those labels from HWiNFO, by right clicking on them... :???:
XylemFlow

Post by XylemFlow »

Yincognito wrote: August 29th, 2024, 1:57 am I believe you can rename those labels from HWiNFO, by right clicking on them... :???:
Thanks! That's perfect.
::: XylemFlow
::: It's better to have loved and lost than to never have had a good pair of speakers.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

XylemFlow wrote: August 29th, 2024, 2:15 am Thanks! That's perfect.
:thumbup:
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadgets 7.8.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by SilverAzide »

An update to the Gadgets has been released! See download link in first post.

7.8.0 - 2024-09-02
  • Enhanced Weather Meter to show UV index.
  • Added Weather Meter 12-Hour Forecast gadget (click Weather Meter current temperature to toggle).
  • Enhanced All CPU Meter to show memory composition breakdown (optional).
  • Updated All CPU Meter to support Qualcomm Snapdragon X CPUs (Windows on ARM).
  • Corrected All CPU Meter core temp display when using HWiNFO on SMP machines.
  • Corrected Chronometer skin to fix glass reflections when scale factor is not 1.00.

Requires Rainmeter 4.5.16 or later.

Upgrade Notes
If upgrading an existing Gadgets installation:
  • Weather Meter: The default colors have changed; you may want to reset your colors to the default values.
  • Network Meter Pro and Wireless Meter Pro: The NetMonitor service has not been updated in this release. Upgrading the service is optional. To upgrade, use the Network Settings to stop the service, uninstall it, and then reinstall.
  • If using any patches, such as the Gadgets Modernizer, download and reinstall the latest version of the patch.

New 12-hour Forecast gadget
WeatherMeterHourly.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Gadgets 7.6.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by Yincognito »

SilverAzide wrote: October 8th, 2023, 2:32 pm I've looked at just about every tool I can find. Scraping a console (or text file) for output is not the way I'd want to go on this. Ultimately, the simple Network view shown in Resource Monitor is all we need, and that does not require running an elevated process. It's the perfect "top N network processes" view. Unfortunately, I can't find any information on how this works. The closest option I can find is the npcap library I mentioned earlier, which perhaps could be used to create a Rainmeter plugin.
I could have posted this in a separate thread in the Bugs & Feature Suggestions section of the forum, but since we briefly talked about this and I don't know how many users or devs are interested in it (other than us three), I'll post these here (just for examination, don't want to divert the thread from its main subject, aka your suite):
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52360271/windows-resource-monitors-network-activity-c
https://stackoverflow.com/a/51722043
See the things posted by Simon Mourier, apparently the Resource Monitor stuff IS PerfMon, but with some ETW bits (for which there is actually a library on GitHub, as mentioned in the links):
https://github.com/Microsoft/perfview/blob/main/documentation/TraceEvent/TraceEventLibrary.md
Unfortunately that library is not exactly trivial and I have no idea if it can indeed provide all that network connection data since the example is about something else, though I wonder if it can't be somehow used by a Rainmeter plugin. Not sure if the said library could help in making an Event Viewer monitor either, as that would tick another box from the things I thought about and that Rainmeter can't directly do in absolute real-time currently.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Yincognito wrote: September 7th, 2024, 9:12 am
Great find, thank you! Event tracing might be the way to do this (if I can keep my brain from exploding after skimming the docs). O.O
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

SilverAzide wrote: September 7th, 2024, 3:39 pm(if I can keep my brain from exploding after skimming the docs). O.O
Why do you think I passed that to you in the first place? Mine was already full of C4 after that... :lol: