It is currently September 7th, 2024, 11:47 pm

Gadgets 7.8.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
levigz

Re: Gadgets 7.7.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by levigz »

Hi, I've been searching and I can't find any help with the configuration of the UPS Meter. I have a Salicru UPS and I can only get the Remaining Estimated Time from HWinfo, no other option in Gadgets. I've been able to set that to HWiNFO_UPS_ACLine and HWiNFO_UPS_Lifetime but no other option as % or load. On the Battery metter it shows Fully charged and % but can't configure further.

Salicru's monitoring software is Viewpower.

Any ideas? Thank you very much.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

levigz wrote: July 17th, 2024, 6:29 pm Hi, I've been searching and I can't find any help with the configuration of the UPS Meter. I have a Salicru UPS and I can only get the Remaining Estimated Time from HWinfo, no other option in Gadgets. I've been able to set that to HWiNFO_UPS_ACLine and HWiNFO_UPS_Lifetime but no other option as % or load. On the Battery metter it shows Fully charged and % but can't configure further.

Salicru's monitoring software is Viewpower.

Any ideas? Thank you very much.
This could be a limitation of what your UPS makes available. Post a screenshot of your HWiNFO sensors, opened to your UPS device and showing all the sensors available.

The Battery Meter doesn't need any configuration, it is pulling this data from Windows itself.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
levigz

Post by levigz »

SilverAzide wrote: July 17th, 2024, 8:52 pm This could be a limitation of what your UPS makes available. Post a screenshot of your HWiNFO sensors, opened to your UPS device and showing all the sensors available.
Yep, I think that's it. But PowerView has other sensors available. Maybe there's a way of making HWinfo check that values?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

levigz wrote: July 17th, 2024, 8:57 pm Yep, I think that's it. But PowerView has other sensors available. Maybe there's a way of making HWinfo check that values?
I see. Well, this looks like your UPS manufacturer is using some proprietary method of communicating with your UPS. HWiNFO needs to be able to query that device via a WMI driver to be able to get additional information. I'm afraid you are out of luck with that brand. :-(
levigz

Post by levigz »

SilverAzide wrote: July 17th, 2024, 9:06 pm I see. Well, this looks like your UPS manufacturer is using some proprietary method of communicating with your UPS. HWiNFO needs to be able to query that device via a WMI driver to be able to get additional information. I'm afraid you are out of luck with that brand. :-(
That's what it seems, yep. Thank you very much!
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

levigz wrote: July 17th, 2024, 8:57 pm But PowerView has other sensors available. Maybe there's a way of making HWinfo check that values?
For the record, ViewPower (not PowerView) is using a local HTML page to display stuff, as far as this describes:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=-R7twlex3IQ
so, if you find a way to either retrieve / display data from that local webpage (through, say, WebParser or Webview) or export it periodically to some text log file that can be parsed as well, the skin should be able to use that, without any need to involve HWiNFO. Whether that is feasible or comfortable, that's another matter.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
levigz

Post by levigz »

Hi, another question that I can't find in other posts. Is it safe to monitor drives? I mean, I have 2 HDD and 2 SSD in my computer, the HDDs are for storage and I don't usually use them, so I think they are in hibernation. Does Drives Meter prevent this hibernation? Thank you very much.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

levigz wrote: August 5th, 2024, 3:22 pm Hi, another question that I can't find in other posts. Is it safe to monitor drives? I mean, I have 2 HDD and 2 SSD in my computer, the HDDs are for storage and I don't usually use them, so I think they are in hibernation. Does Drives Meter prevent this hibernation? Thank you very much.
Hello! I think it is perfectly "safe" to monitor drives with Drives Meter, if by "safe" you mean it won't wake up the drive.

The Drives Meter intentionally does NOT use HWiNFO to monitor read/write activity, because HWiNFO absolutely will keep the drive awake. Drives Meter uses Windows itself to monitor activity, and this will not be affected by hibernation.
Arbitria

Post by Arbitria »

Hello, as you know, I am a long-time fan of gadgets.

And I will tell you again that the need to expand the collection of gadgets has only increased over time, this includes network monitoring, cryptocurrency monitoring, a note-taker - a to-do list (reminders), RSS (or another and more modern technology) feed of the main news, time in different time zones, ping to different sources, etc.

And this needs to be in a single style and code, like these gadgets, in this package!
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Arbitria wrote: August 10th, 2024, 1:19 pm Hello, as you know, I am a long-time fan of gadgets.

And I will tell you again that the need to expand the collection of gadgets has only increased over time, this includes network monitoring, cryptocurrency monitoring, a note-taker - a to-do list (reminders), RSS (or another and more modern technology) feed of the main news, time in different time zones, ping to different sources, etc.

And this needs to be in a single style and code, like these gadgets, in this package!
Hello! Good to hear from you again! Glad you are enjoying the Gadgets!

You should be able to show the time in different time zones, unless you mean you want that feature in a single skin.

For network monitoring, do you mean something like an SNMP monitor that can show you info about your router? I tried creating one but I don't have a router or switch that supports that... or -- more likely -- I couldn't figure out how to do it. :-( If you are looking for something else, let me know.

Some of the other items you mention are in the Gadgets Additions suite; the latest 4.5.1 version is really nice. But I understand if you want everything in a single package, since it simpler to deal with.