It is currently September 14th, 2024, 9:57 pm

Gadgets 7.8.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
redorbroder

Re: Gadgets 7.7.0 - inspired by AddGadgets.com Sidebar Gadgets

Post by redorbroder »

SilverAzide wrote: June 24th, 2024, 11:38 am Open the Network Settings and click the "List my network adapters" link.
Copy the name of your ethernet adapter and paste it into the Ethernet adapter textbox and hit Enter, then repeat for your WiFi adapter.
Refresh the skin and you should be good to go.
Thanks for reply, much appreciated.
I already did exactly that, but it doesn't work.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

philumax wrote: June 24th, 2024, 12:12 pm Good morning.
For some time now, I have had a small problem to resolve.
As I'm starting to see a little less clearly, I use the "text size" accessibility function (Windows 11) to increase readability a little in Windows.
But, it seems that this poses a problem for many applications, including Rainmeter: the dialog box does not synchronize with the new display.
A little drawing is better than a big speech:
{-- Image clipped --}
It's not the only program that does this to me: even Google Drive is affected and I have difficulty, because of the translators, making them understand it!
It seems that online translators have not been updated for a long time, which could ultimately cause a catastrophe.
But, it's a problem, beyond my possibilities, so, I come back to my little concern: is there a way to allow the box to adapt to the display?
THANKS. :thumbup:
See you.
By the way, I insist: beware of online translators.
I would suggest using Windows "Magnifier" instead of changing the text size or increasing the DPI above 100%. This will magnify your screen but not distort the text. I have used this, from time to time, as my eyes grow older. :)

You will find options in Windows Settings, Ease of Access, Magnifier dialog. You can have it enabled at startup
or toggle it on with "Win + Keypad Plus Sign" and off with "Win + Esc".
You can change the level of magnification easily.
There are several "Modes" to change how things magnified and displayed.
Several other options are available in that dialog to assist in getting better visibility.

Hope this helps :thumbup:
philumax

Post by philumax »

THANKS.
I'll get used to it. :D
see you next time !Image
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

philumax wrote: June 24th, 2024, 4:10 pm THANKS.
I'll get used to it. :D
see you next time !Image
The image you have in your screenshot is the Rainmeter screen. If you want the Gadgets to appear larger, that is easy. You can just go to the Settings and change the size to something larger than 1.00, like 1.50 or 2.00.

If you want the Rainmeter screen to adjust, you need to configure this in Windows. Find the Rainmeter.exe (usually in your C:\Program Files\Rainmeter folder), right-click and select "Properties", then click the "Change high DPI settings" button. Adjust these settings as you need and then restart Rainmeter.

Screenshot 2024-06-24 125745.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

redorbroder wrote: June 24th, 2024, 12:31 pm Thanks for reply, much appreciated.
I already did exactly that, but it doesn't work.
Hm. I am guessing the problem might be that you have (or had) the latest Gadgets installed and the ActiveNet plugin got upgraded. The ActiveNet plugin was needed with older versions of Rainmeter due to Rainmeter missing certain network functionality. This was fixed long ago, and the plugins changed certain key features since they are built into Rainmeter now. (I should not have kept the plugin name the same when I changed the network functions, but it is too late for that now).

I am assuming that you by now have moved your old Gadgets to a separate "Gadgets551" folder or at least have a way to back up the normal folder and restore it. What you are going to need to do is reinstall the v5.5.1 version. On the installation screen, it will show you have a newer version of ActiveNet and the checkbox will be unchecked. Check this box anyway to downgrade the plugin and reinstall.

Screenshot 2024-06-24 131859.png
Your other option is to extract the plugin from the .rmskin file and replace the one on your PC. If you need help with this, let me know.

Once you downgrade the plugin, your v7.7.0 CPU Meter will no longer work, if you are using it.

I hate to say it, but you would be much better off keeping your Gadgets up to date with the latest version, as trying keep the old stuff alive is going to get harder and harder.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nikko

Post by nikko »

Location Search doesnt work for some reason. Please help
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

nikko wrote: June 30th, 2024, 8:43 am Location Search doesnt work for some reason. Please help
This is known behavior. OpenStreetMap (the source of the location data) has recently starting blocking Rainmeter skins that have not been updated to comply with their terms of service (which is almost all skins). Make sure you are using the latest version of the Gadgets.

I've also noticed occasional odd behavior in which searching for a city only returns a single value or an incorrect value. Try searching for a more precise location; for example, instead of searching for your town or city, give it your exact address, or "town, state, country". OSM prefers commas also, so instead of "1600 Pennsylvania Ave.", you can use "1600, Pennsylvania, Ave."
redorbroder

Post by redorbroder »

SilverAzide wrote: June 24th, 2024, 5:26 pm Hm. I am guessing the problem might be that you have (or had) the latest Gadgets installed and the ActiveNet plugin got upgraded. The ActiveNet plugin was needed with older versions of Rainmeter due to Rainmeter missing certain network functionality. This was fixed long ago, and the plugins changed certain key features since they are built into Rainmeter now. (I should not have kept the plugin name the same when I changed the network functions, but it is too late for that now).
I am assuming that you by now have moved your old Gadgets to a separate "Gadgets551" folder or at least have a way to back up the normal folder and restore it. What you are going to need to do is reinstall the v5.5.1 version. On the installation screen, it will show you have a newer version of ActiveNet and the checkbox will be unchecked. Check this box anyway to downgrade the plugin and reinstall.
Screenshot 2024-06-24 131859.png
Your other option is to extract the plugin from the .rmskin file and replace the one on your PC. If you need help with this, let me know.
Once you downgrade the plugin, your v7.7.0 CPU Meter will no longer work, if you are using it.
I hate to say it, but you would be much better off keeping your Gadgets up to date with the latest version, as trying keep the old stuff alive is going to get harder and harder.
Hello!

I have a routine of regularly making a clone of my OS SSD, especially before tinkering and fixing, making major changes.
It only takes ~10-15 min. to clone and if I screw it up (it happens often :/) it only takes ~10-15 min. to make a recovery of clone.
I unpacked the .rmskin and replaced the Active.Net.dll files and it worked perfectly.
Also usually copy and make a back-up of the entire Skin folder.

I totally understand what you mean about using older versions, but as long as I can get it working I'm hesitant to update.
I want to avoid the feeling of a boiled and smoked brain when things go wrong... not so stress-resistant anymore, in other words...

Best regards,
redorbroder
VL4DST3R

Post by VL4DST3R »

Another year another visit to this forum thread, heh. Hello again! I noticed an odd behavior with the network monitor, similar to another past issue I've requested help with where my GPU RPM was reported x2 the real value.

Now I noticed this issue is also present for the network speed monitor (actual speed was something around ~800mbps):
Screenshot 2024-07-16 125316.png
And I was hoping for a similar solution to just divide by two the values. Also ideally I would like to understand why is this happening? Should I worry about other values also being multiplied (so far I haven't noticed any but I'm getting paranoid)

Thanks again for maintaining this set of widgets!
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Hello again!

This situation looks an awful lot like you have a virtual adapter someplace. Make sure you have your Network Meter set to look at specific network adapters (i.e., you are not leaving the adapter settings blank). If you have setup specific adapters, ensure none of them are virtual. Each virtual adapter will double your totals.

To know more, let me know which Network skin you are using (Pro or non-Pro, I am assuming the non-Pro skin) and send a screenshot of the Settings to show your adapter setup.