It is currently September 7th, 2024, 11:25 pm

Skin behind taskbar

General topics related to Rainmeter.
Dex

Re: Skin behind taskbar

Post by Dex »

Yincognito wrote: May 18th, 2024, 7:43 pm Hence my earlier (and unanswered) question about the background noise. Last time I tried Monstercat, the height of the bars at "0" (which is not exactly 0) was less than in your screenshots. Anyway, yeah, it should be possible.
Ah, sorry. No, there is no background noise—that's just how the skin presented since day one. I simply thought that's how its maker designed it, especially since that minimum height is completely stable when I'm not consciously playing any audio.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Dex wrote: May 18th, 2024, 7:49 pm Ah, sorry. No, there is no background noise—that's just how the skin presented since day one. I simply thought that's how its maker designed it, especially since that minimum height is completely stable when I'm not consciously playing any audio.
Check the edits I'll make to that post, there's already one (partial) solution added.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Dex wrote: May 18th, 2024, 7:35 pm Now, I'm fishing here, but would it be possible to fiddle around with the skin, so it doesn't show the bottoms of the bars that are there even though no sound is being played?
I think it is. There might be even two different solutions:
  • Setting a proper height for the skin, through the SkinHeight option into the [Rainmeter] section. If you can find a proper height, the bottom part of those bars will not be visible.
  • Another solution is by container. You have to create a container for all meters, which will exclude the bottom part.
Let me (us) know if you are interested into any of these and you don't know how to deal with it.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Dex wrote: May 18th, 2024, 7:35 pmNow, I'm fishing here, but would it be possible to fiddle around with the skin, so it doesn't show the bottoms of the bars that are there even though no sound is being played? That way, I could just position it smack on top of the taskbar and call it a day. :)
Yes, and it's quite simple (this is how a well made skin looks like, I have to say). Check the 2 possiblities in the EDIT2 part here - you probably want number 2.
Dex

Post by Dex »

Well, what can I say—you guys are awesome. :yahoo:

Changing the MinBarValue variable from 0.01 to 0.00 did the trick. Now, that stupid taskbar can run whatever shenanigans Microsoft commands without impacting the appearance of my monstercat-visualizer.

A big thanks to both of you for your help! :thumbup:
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Dex wrote: May 18th, 2024, 8:31 pm Well, what can I say—you guys are awesome. :yahoo:

Changing the MinBarValue variable from 0.01 to 0.00 did the trick. Now, that stupid taskbar can run whatever shenanigans Microsoft commands without impacting the appearance of my monstercat-visualizer.

A big thanks to both of you for your help! :thumbup:
We're not the only ones being awesome here... now that pesky taskbar in Win 11 will think twice before messing with us! :lol:
Anyway, you're welcome, we're glad that we could help! :great:
Dex

Post by Dex »

Yincognito wrote: May 18th, 2024, 8:49 pm We're not the only ones being awesome here... now that pesky taskbar in Win 11 will think twice before messing with us! :lol:
Anyway, you're welcome, we're glad that we could help! :great:
Yep, no doubt there's a whole team at work to keep everything ticking! And that taskbar had better take cover. :D

Very much appreciate all the patience with me.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Dex wrote: May 18th, 2024, 10:32 pm Yep, no doubt there's a whole team at work to keep everything ticking! And that taskbar had better take cover. :D

Very much appreciate all the patience with me.
:thumbup:
sl23

Post by sl23 »

Yincognito wrote: May 18th, 2024, 6:38 pm I don't use Win 11 and probably never will
Curious, why's that?
57686174 77696C6C 6265 77696C6C 6265
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

sl23 wrote: July 2nd, 2024, 2:11 pm Curious, why's that?
It appears to be more buggy and restrictive than its predecessor, with superficial new features.