It is currently September 19th, 2024, 12:56 am

Creating a context menu

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
sl23

Re: Creating a context menu

Post by sl23 »

death.crafter wrote: November 6th, 2021, 3:26 am Imagine having to scroll through thousands of skins when you actually have 50 configs.
Yes. I understand but imagine trying to do the same thing with Rainmeter's context menu! Seeing as I don't use the tray icon, it's even worse!

@CodeCode: my aim is to have a single button for each of the most used context menu items for easy access.

As I said above, the Manage skins window is not suitable for 'quickly' trying different skins due to constant clicking on folders in its tree structure.

So, for instance, I wanted the skins context menu item as a button to allow quickly loading/unloading different skins, for testing, comparison, checking new ones, etc. That's why I came up with my skin loader skin. It makes it so much easier to load/unload and edit skins. But gtp awkward to keep changing something that needs to be dynamic as the Rainmeter Skins context menu is.

I didn't want a whole new skin, just thought it would be possible via the custom context menu. Can't have everything though eh? :D

Thanks for taking time to try and help :thumbup:
57686174 77696C6C 6265 77696C6C 6265
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

sl23 wrote: November 6th, 2021, 10:12 am Yes. I understand but imagine trying to do the same thing with Rainmeter's context menu! Seeing as I don't use the tray icon, it's even worse!

@CodeCode: my aim is to have a single button for each of the most used context menu items for easy access.

As I said above, the Manage skins window is not suitable for 'quickly' trying different skins due to constant clicking on folders in its tree structure.

So, for instance, I wanted the skins context menu item as a button to allow quickly loading/unloading different skins, for testing, comparison, checking new ones, etc. That's why I came up with my skin loader skin. It makes it so much easier to load/unload and edit skins. But gtp awkward to keep changing something that needs to be dynamic as the Rainmeter Skins context menu is.

I didn't want a whole new skin, just thought it would be possible via the custom context menu. Can't have everything though eh? :D

Thanks for taking time to try and help :thumbup:
Have you looked at using 'Favorites'?
Favorites.png
It will give you quick access to a list of skins you selected as favorite in the Manage dialog in the Rainmeter context menu.
This may not be exactly what you are looking for, but it is how I work between skins I want to quickly switch or use most often.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sl23

Post by sl23 »

Thanks for the tip. :thumbup:
I've sort of avoided that as you have to check and uncheck them all the time. But maybe I'll give it a go, see what it's like.

I have created a small button to access Manage Skins, Rainmeter Context Menu and About window via L/M/R click. This isn't too bad for me. But it is a shame you can't create a complete custom context menu of your own, built from Skin menu or Rainmeter menu. :(
57686174 77696C6C 6265 77696C6C 6265