It is currently September 29th, 2024, 7:34 am

CPU

General topics related to Rainmeter.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: CPU

Post by jsmorley »

I'm not clear what you are saying you are experiencing. Are you saying Rainmeter itself is using 97% of your CPU, or that something is using 97% of your CPU, which you are aware of because of a Rainmeter skin displaying the CPU usage? What are you saying? Be specific.

In any case, I would certainly start by using Task Manager and sort by CPU to see if you can spot what process is using a lot of CPU. You can also open the "Performance" tab and click on the "Performance Monitor" link at the bottom for more info.
1.jpg
The only clue I have heard at all so far is that it seems to only happen "when I'm not using my computer.". That would seem to point to some background task, perhaps a Windows task, or some other program, that is designed to operate when it detects a period of time with no user interaction. I'd start looking there, but in any case, unless I misunderstand what you are saying, this doesn't sound like it has anything to do with Rainmeter.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gregory2001

Post by Gregory2001 »

The Task Manager is showing Rainmeter @ 97%
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Gregory2001 wrote:The Task Manager is showing Rainmeter @ 97%
Ok. You need to start unloading skins until you find the one that is causing it. Then we can look at just that one.