It is currently September 29th, 2024, 7:29 am

In need of help....

General topics related to Rainmeter.
Shaggy

Re: In need of help....

Post by Shaggy »

No still can't get it to work with Spotify :confused:
It works with WMP when it closes & re-opens the LED.exe I get loads & loasds of the LED icons in the notification area I have to click on them 1by1 to get rid of them?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Shaggy wrote:No still can't get it to work with Spotify :confused:
That will be our next step. From the Plugins & Addons section of the Forum, you can get a Spotify plugin, which I suppose it'll work much better with Spotify than the NowPlaying plugin (however I can't test, because as I said, I don't have Spotify installed). I'll write a small code for this and will post it soon. Just keep one eye on this thread.
Shaggy wrote:It works with WMP when it closes & re-opens the LED.exe I get loads & loasds of the LED icons in the notification area I have to click on them 1by1 to get rid of them?
I'm not sure I'll be able to do more with this, because not having a such device, it would be hard for me to test what going on. I tried to google the internet, searching a possibility to re-read the LED.ini and resend the data to the device, but had no success. Do you know a way to do this (maybe with a command line)?
Shaggy

Post by Shaggy »

I already had the 'Spotify Plugin' installed...
I changed your code to

Code: Select all

Plugin=SpotifyPlugin.dll
now it sort of works...... :?
Instead of the:-
  • Artist: 'A Singer'
    Title: 'A Song'
I get:-
  • Artist: 04:30
    Title: 04:30
The Length of the current song playing in both headers :confused: Also on the LED Panel, we getting closer :D
balala wrote:I'm not sure I'll be able to do more with this, because not having a such device, it would be hard for me to test what going on. I tried to google the internet, searching a possibility to re-read the LED.ini and resend the data to the device, but had no success. Do you know a way to do this (maybe with a command line)?
I wouldn't have a clue where to start :? I've been using Rainmeter for just over a year and I'm only just figuring out how to change Fonts & Font colour :oops:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Ok, here is a very simple code, using the Spotify plugin. If you have it installed, this code should work, but not having installed Spotify, I couldn't test it. Please check and tell me if it's working:

Code: Select all

[MeasureArtist]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SpotifyPlugin.dll
Type=ArtistName

[MeasureTrack]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SpotifyPlugin.dll
Type=TrackName
OnChangeAction=[!WriteKeyValue MessageInformation TextMessageContent1 """"[MeasureTrack]"""" "#@#LED.ini"][!WriteKeyValue MessageInformation TextMessageContent2 """"[MeasureArtist]"""" "#@#LED.ini"]
This code should write the appropriate information (the name of the artist and the title) to the LED.ini file.
Still looking for a simpler way to send the information to the device. You have no idea how to do this?
Shaggy

Post by Shaggy »

It works now thanks so so much balala 8-)
I linked it with Eventghost which opens & Closes the LED.exe, its not pretty but it works :thumbup:
I still get a load of icons in my notification area from the LED software wich I have to click on to remove :x
But I can live with that...... For now :confused:
Thanks again balala.
You sir are a GENIOUS 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Juts trying to think of some more uses for the LED panel :???: :confused: :great:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Shaggy wrote:I linked it with Eventghost which opens & Closes the LED.exe, its not pretty but it works :thumbup:
For sure it isn't, but although I'm seeking the proper command (we'd need a command line) to refresh the shown information, I can't find it. It seems that, at least for now, you'll have to stick to the found procedure (closing and reopening the LED.exe). Sorry...
Shaggy wrote:I still get a load of icons in my notification area from the LED software wich I have to click on to remove :x
But I can live with that...... For now :confused:
Yes, it seems you'll have to.
And I'm glad that, at least, partially I could help.
Shaggy wrote:Juts trying to think of some more uses for the LED panel :???: :confused: :great:
Anything you want to show, you'll have to just write the needed information to the proper option(s) of the LED.ini file (TextMessageContent1 and TextMessageContent2 options of the [MessageInformation] section), then restart the LED.exe app.