It is currently October 22nd, 2024, 9:01 pm

[V1.1.8] FrostedGlass - Now with more acrylic

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: [V1.1.2] FrostedGlass - Now with more acrylic

Post by Yincognito »

KazukiGames82 wrote: September 26th, 2024, 2:31 am it works fine for win 11 23h2
Just curious, did you get the chance to test it (either the official or the fork) on Win 11 24h... aka the newest Win 11 versions? One or two other plugins had issues there, so it might help to know if this one is affected or not. ;-)
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
KazukiGames82

Post by KazukiGames82 »

No, i'm using 23H2, i can't test it in 24H2.

But i added Mica effect in v1.1.7.
It has the focus effect, but disabled by default.
FrostedGlass Plugin_1.1.7.rmskin
Mica (Default)
SN9NGzslYR.gif
Mica Acrylic
wXoJLsNg18.gif
Mica Alt
3TkNS5Sr7f.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Looks great, nice work! :thumbup: :rosegift:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

KazukiGames82 wrote: October 7th, 2024, 1:03 am No, i'm using 23H2, i can't test it in 24H2.

But i added Mica effect in v1.1.7.
It has the focus effect, but disabled by default.
On 23H2, the Blur, Acrylic and MicaAcrylic are working properly:
  • Acrylic:
    Screenshot 2024-10-07 171615.png
  • MicaAcrylic:
    Screenshot 2024-10-07 171724.png
  • Blur:
    Screenshot 2024-10-07 171845.png
The Mica and MicaAlt are working as well, as shown in the posted screenshots, but they seem little bit useless, in my opinion (sorry, don't want to offend you, but this is my opinion)
  • Mica:
    Screenshot 2024-10-07 171927.png
  • MicaAlt:
    Screenshot 2024-10-07 172003.png
However, great job, thanks for your effort. I thought these effects are not available anymore, before you posted these improved versions of the plugin.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
KazukiGames82

Post by KazukiGames82 »

balala wrote: October 7th, 2024, 2:25 pm The Mica and MicaAlt are working as well, as shown in the posted screenshots, but they seem little bit useless, in my opinion (sorry, don't want to offend you, but this is my opinion)
Yeah, don't worry about that, i know these effects (Mica[Default] and Mica[Alt]) are not very useful, these currently uses the wallpaper colors as some Windows titlebars does.
Mica Alt can be useful in certain wallpapers. :rosegift:

Also, Mica can be used in dark mode if you add DarkMode=1 to FrostedGlass measure. :thumbup:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

KazukiGames82 wrote: October 7th, 2024, 3:57 pm Also, Mica can be used in dark mode if you add DarkMode=1 to FrostedGlass measure. :thumbup:
DarkMode seems to be working only on Type=Mica and Type=MicaAlt.

A few other questions / comments:
  • Wanted to ask, but in meantime I figured out the solution, so I'm posting it here, to let others know: the FrostedGlass plugin measure can't be disabled through a Disabled=1 option, but can be through BlurEnabled=0 (take care it is working exactly opossite than the Disabled option: BlurEnabled=1 means the measure is enabled and BlurEnabled=0 means it is disabled).
  • The FrostedGlass measure, in the form used into the example skin, doesn't require the DynamicVariables=1 option. Even if doesn't hurt to have it, it's not mandatory.
Crest

Post by Crest »

KazukiGames82 wrote: October 7th, 2024, 1:03 am No, i'm using 23H2, i can't test it in 24H2.
Looks lovely. Btw I noticed on your Github repo skins aligned to each other with this effect enabled. Mind me asking if these are snapped together where they appear in the screen shot or just manually placed there? Can't test the plugin on W11 atm.

As earlier there was a discussion on workarounds for missing the ability to define separate skin snapping bounding boxes from peripheral effects like shadows, while this screenshot suggests this plugin facilitates this (though it also shows one of the difficulties with shadows overlapping other skins when nearby, something discussed in that thread while considering a separate shadow skin instead, a la macOS' handling).
361683602-52e718dd-22b1-44da-b73f-b8239bc23907.png
KazukiGames82

Post by KazukiGames82 »

Crest wrote: October 9th, 2024, 3:44 am Mind me asking if these are snapped together where they appear in the screen shot or just manually placed there? Can't test the plugin on W11 atm.

As earlier there was a discussion on workarounds for missing the ability to define separate skin snapping bounding boxes from peripheral effects like shadows, while this screenshot suggests this plugin facilitates this (though it also shows one of the difficulties with shadows overlapping other skins when nearby, something discussed in that thread while considering a separate shadow skin instead, a la macOS' handling).
1. These skins was manually placed in that position, these are individual skins from SystemFetch - Meti0X7CB skin.

2. I don't think that's possible, the shadow is a Windows API effect and is placed over the skin bounds and the blur covers the entire skin.
KazukiGames82

Post by KazukiGames82 »

balala wrote: October 7th, 2024, 7:24 pm DarkMode seems to be working only on Type=Mica and Type=MicaAlt.

A few other questions / comments:
  • Wanted to ask, but in meantime I figured out the solution, so I'm posting it here, to let others know: the FrostedGlass plugin measure can't be disabled through a Disabled=1 option, but can be through BlurEnabled=0 (take care it is working exactly opossite than the Disabled option: BlurEnabled=1 means the measure is enabled and BlurEnabled=0 means it is disabled).
  • The FrostedGlass measure, in the form used into the example skin, doesn't require the DynamicVariables=1 option. Even if doesn't hurt to have it, it's not mandatory.
I'm pretty sure the MicaAcrylic works with DarkMode option.

1. I'm not sure if Disabled= option can does something or i need add something in the code related to that, but BlurEnabled= option was a option from original FrostedGlass plugin, the default value for that is always 1.

2. In the code, all steps to apply the effects are in Reload() function, but yeah, the measure can works without DynamicVariables=1, it's just required when Type=Mica|MicaAlt|MicaAcrylic and MicaOnFocus=1 is used.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

KazukiGames82 wrote: October 9th, 2024, 4:33 am I'm pretty sure the MicaAcrylic works with DarkMode option.
Yes, indeed. Sorry, my bad I missed this.
KazukiGames82 wrote: October 9th, 2024, 4:33 am 1. I'm not sure if Disabled= option can does something or i need add something in the code related to that, but BlurEnabled= option was a option from original FrostedGlass plugin, the default value for that is always 1.
Maybe the disabling the measure would be useful, just to make the measures work the same way as other measures do, however if it's complicated to be done, finally have not too much importance, just have to keep in mind that the measure has to be disabled other way. So, if can be done easily worth, otherwise doesn't.