It is currently September 19th, 2024, 3:55 pm

[Troubleshooting Guide] Disappearing skins when showing desktop or pressing WIN+D

Our most popular Tips and Tricks from the Rainmeter Team and others
ritary

Re: [Troubleshooting Guide] Disappearing skins when showing desktop or pressing WIN+D

Post by ritary »

Ah, I just found a bug report it about it on github. Will follow there: https://github.com/rainmeter/rainmeter/issues/377
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: [Troubleshooting Guide] Disappearing skins when showing desktop or pressing WIN+D

Post by Yincognito »

ritary wrote: September 15th, 2024, 6:52 pm Ah, I just found a bug report it about it on github. Will follow there: https://github.com/rainmeter/rainmeter/issues/377
:thumbup:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

Btw I don’t experience this issue on Win10 LTSC IoT. I use [WIN]+[D] combination a lot. Perhaps it happens once or twice a month, the same rate I had on Win7 Pro (on different laptop), which I can live with.

So, the problem is not about LTSC editions in general, but could be Win11 LTSC edition specifically.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Active Colors wrote: September 15th, 2024, 8:23 pm So, the problem is not about LTSC editions in general, but could be Win11 LTSC edition specifically.
Good to know, it further confirms the findings in the other reports. Hopefully, someone will notify Microsoft too about it (if it didn't happen already), so that such things don't perpetuate into their upcoming stable LTSC versions as well. :Whistle
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

Yincognito wrote: September 15th, 2024, 9:08 pm Good to know, it further confirms the findings in the other reports. Hopefully, someone will notify Microsoft too about it (if it didn't happen already), so that such things don't perpetuate into their upcoming stable LTSC versions as well. :Whistle
It could be that Microsoft has updated something so it could look that Rainmeter has not been updated to support that particular update. Just speculating here cause MS could update something so that others would have to follow.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Active Colors wrote: September 15th, 2024, 9:34 pm It could be that Microsoft has updated something so it could look that Rainmeter has not been updated to support that particular update. Just speculating here cause MS could update something so that others would have to follow.
Hmm... I somehow doubt MS are capable of such intricate reverse psychology, an on Rainmeter of all software - I doubt they even care or know about half of the things running on their OS that are not products of some major company. They might have their (questionable, as always) reasons to update various parts of the OS, but since this issue does not appear to be present in "standard" (i.e. non LTSC) Windows 11, or in LTSC versions of Windows 10 for that matter, where Rainmeter runs and behaves mostly fine, my bet is on a mistake rather than something intentional...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

Another confirmation of this Win 11 behavior at:
https://github.com/creewick/uWidgets/issues/8
The NOTE there sheds a bit of light on why it happens.