It is currently September 21st, 2024, 5:45 am

Solved - Win 11 - OneDrive Ransomware Issue - redirect rainmeter skins folder to another default location

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
CodeCode

Solved - Win 11 - OneDrive Ransomware Issue - redirect rainmeter skins folder to another default location

Post by CodeCode »

Hello,
I am not sure I will *always* have to redirect programs and games, but is there a sound way to use an alternate skins folder location?

O.O
Last edited by CodeCode on August 10th, 2024, 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ƈǟռ'ȶ ʄɨӼ ɨȶ ɨʄ ɨȶ ǟɨռ'ȶ ɮʀօӄɛ - ʊռʟɛֆֆ ɨȶ ɨֆ ɨռ ƈօɖɛ.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Win 11 - OneDrive Ransomware Issue - redirect rainmeter skins folder to another default location

Post by Yincognito »

Not entirely sure what you mean here, but you can change the location of the skins folder in Rainmeter by clicking Edit Settings in the Manage Rainmeter window. Obviously, that assumes you also have the new folder there to store the skins.

As for OneDrive, I personally always uninstall it right after clean installing Windows, and before I install any other program like Rainmeter, so I never have a problem with this to begin with. Not sure what solution is implemented by folks who actually want to use OneDrive otherwise, but for me, the less unused bundleware, the better.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
CodeCode

Re: Win 11 - OneDrive Ransomware Issue - redirect rainmeter skins folder to another default location

Post by CodeCode »

thanks Yincognito. Never thought about this before. Good to know.
ƈǟռ'ȶ ʄɨӼ ɨȶ ɨʄ ɨȶ ǟɨռ'ȶ ɮʀօӄɛ - ʊռʟɛֆֆ ɨȶ ɨֆ ɨռ ƈօɖɛ.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

CodeCode wrote: August 10th, 2024, 6:05 pm thanks Yincognito. Never thought about this before. Good to know.
Glad to help, CodeCode! ;-)
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth