It is currently October 6th, 2024, 6:35 am

How to Add Weather & Calendar

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Jp508

How to Add Weather & Calendar

Post by Jp508 »

I recently downloaded Rain Meter & once I followed the instructional video on YT it was on my desktop. I selected to have Day, Date, & Time only. A day later I thought I might want to add Weather & possibly a calendar.

I looked up my Weather Code & can't figure out how to add it once Rain Meter is active, opened it and can't add anything to the Weather Section. I deleted the program & reinstalled it & then was able to enter the Weather code, it didn't take & still no weather on my desktop.

Also is there a way to change the color of the Day, Date, & Time or are you stuck with the original color you chose? I have the Mond Skin btw.

Thanks for reading
sl23

Re: How to Add Weather & Calendar

Post by sl23 »

You can edit the skins yourself if you are confident in such things and like to dabble! :D
Never used that suite though, so can't comment on the settings thing. Is there a skin that allows selecting colours? If so I would imagine it's as simple as loading that skin again to reselect your colour.
57686174 77696C6C 6265 77696C6C 6265
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Jp508 wrote: July 3rd, 2024, 2:24 pm I looked up my Weather Code & can't figure out how to add it once Rain Meter is active, opened it and can't add anything to the Weather Section. I deleted the program & reinstalled it & then was able to enter the Weather code, it didn't take & still no weather on my desktop.
Unfortunately the Weather skin of Mond suite is little bit old and uses a source which has been deprecated in meantime. Due to this it doesn't work, even if you activate it, you get nothing on your screen. The source of this old skin was widely used, but few years ago it has been stopped. Since then most weather skins are using another source, but to get it working, the whole code of the skin should be rewritten. This should be done by the author, but it seems he doesn't do it. In any case rewriting the code is a quite large task.
Instead of rewriting it (can be done, but no one will do it for you on this forum), especially if you have no experience in such tasks, I better recommend you to go to the Weather section of Share Your Creations and choose another skin which are working by the beginning (or alternatively you can try looking for such skins on DeviantArt as well). There are dozens of such skins, you probably will find something you like.
Jp508 wrote: July 3rd, 2024, 2:24 pm Also is there a way to change the color of the Day, Date, & Time or are you stuck with the original color you chose? I have the Mond Skin btw.
Yep, there is: activate the Settings skin (right click the Rainmeter icon in the Notification Area, go to Skins, go to Mond in the submenu, then go to Settings and finally check Settings.ini) and click the color code next to Text Color (by the beginning it is set to 255,255,255). You get opening the RainRGB tool, which can be used to set the desired color. Choose the color and click OK.
Jp508

Post by Jp508 »

sl23 wrote: July 3rd, 2024, 2:56 pm You can edit the skins yourself if you are confident in such things and like to dabble! :D
Never used that suite though, so can't comment on the settings thing. Is there a skin that allows selecting colours? If so I would imagine it's as simple as loading that skin again to reselect your colour.
Yeah I watched a video about editing the skin, don't want to reinvent the wheel here its just for a few simple looks I may not want to keep long term. Thanks for your reply.
sl23

Post by sl23 »

No problem. :)
If you find the skin INI file for the skin you want to edit, it's actually quite simple to change the colour.
If you post a link to the download, I'll take a look.
Jp508

Post by Jp508 »

sl23 wrote: July 3rd, 2024, 3:20 pm No problem. :)
If you find the skin INI file for the skin you want to edit, it's actually quite simple to change the colour.
If you post a link to the download, I'll take a look.
Thanks for going the extra mile but that's not necessary. I did get an answer to the text color so that was helpful. Thanks again for your help, much appreciated. Also found out that the skin 'Mond' doesn't support weather anymore.
sl23

Post by sl23 »

Anytime. Glad you got it sorted. Didn't notice balala's reply! :thumbup:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

sl23 wrote: July 3rd, 2024, 3:20 pm If you find the skin INI file for the skin you want to edit, it's actually quite simple to change the colour.
Actually the color is stored into the Mond\@Resources\Variables.inc file, not in skins .ini file. The variable storing the color is called TextColor. But as described above, don't have to manually edit the variable. There is a Setting tool (skin in fact), which makes the setting much more easy.
sl23

Post by sl23 »

Ah ok, thought it may be a little more complex involving a settings skin of sorts :)