It is currently September 19th, 2024, 11:28 pm

Weather Skins Not Working

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
tryst98

Re: Weather Skins Not Working

Post by tryst98 »

Yincognito wrote: January 10th, 2022, 11:00 pm Change the value of the APIKey variable from [YourSkin]\@Resources\WeatherComJSONVariables.inc file (you should typically have such a file included in your skin). I might write a little skin that does that on a mouse click later on, if anyone would be interested.
Thank you so much!!
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

tryst98 wrote: June 6th, 2024, 12:21 am Thank you so much!!
You're welcome, I'm glad it helped! ;-)
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Sherminator98

Post by Sherminator98 »

I did a reinstall of my PC yesterday and I'm struggling with trying to get Weather working. The weather API key is the most up to date one, but I still can't get the weather to display properly-any ideas?

balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Sherminator98 wrote: June 14th, 2024, 10:30 am I did a reinstall of my PC yesterday and I'm struggling with trying to get Weather working. The weather API key is the most up to date one, but I still can't get the weather to display properly-any ideas?
Oher weather skins are working ? Other not-weather skins, but which are using WebParser measures are working ?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Sherminator98 wrote: June 14th, 2024, 10:30 am I did a reinstall of my PC yesterday and I'm struggling with trying to get Weather working. The weather API key is the most up to date one, but I still can't get the weather to display properly-any ideas?

What skin are you using? Can you provide a link to it?
Can you access TWC ( www.weather.com ) in your browser?
Sherminator98

Post by Sherminator98 »

I'm using rainformer AIDA64 skin

I tried the lottaweather skin and it is working properly.

Vcloudsweather isn't working properly.

When I was testing, I did notice that rainmeter was restoring settings from onedrive when I added those skins...let me see something
Sherminator98

Post by Sherminator98 »

Fixed it...I had to update the APIkey in my one drive folder where my documents are..fixing it under the C:\users didn't do it.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

Good to hear :thumbup:
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Sherminator98 wrote: June 14th, 2024, 11:45 am When I was testing, I did notice that rainmeter was restoring settings from onedrive when I added those skins...let me see something
Over time lot of issues have been reported related to OneDrive. It definitely is not a good idea to store the skins on OneDrive (even if this is not the case here).
SnowyNights

Post by SnowyNights »

Ran into the same issue of my weather skin just suddenly not working. It's been fine for the past 3 weeks after I manually updated the API Key to read the new one, but now I seem to just be getting a RegExp matching error again, apparently the timestamp formats are incorrect? I'm a little confused on why it suddenly stopped working when it's been perfectly fine otherwise.

I'm still using JDWS-04 with some updates to it that were provided a little while back to fix the WeatherParsing.

Added my log file window if it's any help also, I do hope it's an easy fix since I'm not too well versed in figuring out how to fix these problems..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.