It is currently October 18th, 2024, 9:16 am

[Bug] Skins show lower than actual CPU Usage in Windows 11 22H2

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
Rommeh

Re: [Bug] Skins show lower than actual CPU Usage in Windows 11 22H2

Post by Rommeh »

Sorry for the necro, but came across this after updating to Windows 11 on new build.

Can you tell me where I would add this code you so kindly made. I've looked in a few files, but not sure which file or where it should go.
I know you make Gadgets, Im just used to the look of Rainformer for years now. I only use cpu / gpu on a small screen inside my case.

I've read and understand the points you've made, about it being a Windows issue. I'm probably way wrong here, and this might be Rainformer specific not Rainmeter.... But I can manually select which sensor in HWInfo64 reports my cpu temp, gpu usage etc. I can even select the 'right' cpu usage. Just there is no option to assign it. There is only temp, fan, clock in the SMV option.
I currently set the fan rpm, to actually read total cpu usage, this aligns with other programs showing cpu usage. Sensor 0xf0000300.

SilverAzide wrote: October 6th, 2022, 1:40 pm

Code: Select all

[MeterText]
Meter=String
X=5
Y=5
W=100
H=35
FontColor=255,255,255,255
Text="Average: [MeasureAverageCPU:1]%#CRLF#Core 1: [MeasureCPU1:1]%"
DynamicVariables=1
Screenshot 2022-10-06 094311.png
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Rommeh wrote: May 15th, 2024, 9:16 pm Sorry for the necro, but came across this after updating to Windows 11 on new build.

Can you tell me where I would add this code you so kindly made. I've looked in a few files, but not sure which file or where it should go.
I know you make Gadgets, Im just used to the look of Rainformer for years now. I only use cpu / gpu on a small screen inside my case.

I've read and understand the points you've made, about it being a Windows issue. I'm probably way wrong here, and this might be Rainformer specific not Rainmeter.... But I can manually select which sensor in HWInfo64 reports my cpu temp, gpu usage etc. I can even select the 'right' cpu usage. Just there is no option to assign it. There is only temp, fan, clock in the SMV option.
I currently set the fan rpm, to actually read total cpu usage, this aligns with other programs showing cpu usage. Sensor 0xf0000300.
I'm not really sure how to answer. If you have mapped a HWiNFO sensor to show the CPU Usage that you want, then all you would do would be to reference the HWiNFO plug measure that retrieves that value in the meter that displays it.

So for example, if the measure is [MyHWiNFOMeasure], then change the meter that displays the old usage value to use your measure instead (typically, this could be something like MeasureName=MyHWiNFOMeasure or maybe a reference in the Text option. You'd need to package up your skin and post it here to get a more exact answer.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
Rommeh

Post by Rommeh »

SilverAzide wrote: May 15th, 2024, 10:31 pm I'm not really sure how to answer. If you have mapped a HWiNFO sensor to show the CPU Usage that you want, then all you would do would be to reference the HWiNFO plug measure that retrieves that value in the meter that displays it.

So for example, if the measure is [MyHWiNFOMeasure], then change the meter that displays the old usage value to use your measure instead (typically, this could be something like MeasureName=MyHWiNFOMeasure or maybe a reference in the Text option. You'd need to package up your skin and post it here to get a more exact answer.
I think this is probably as far as I can go. As I have no idea what package the skin entails 😂

I can live as is, my fan rpm is just my cpu usage. I assume the Rainformer gets cpu usage from Rainmeter, as opposed to allocating a sensor from HWInfo like it does for the other stuff.

Thanks for the reply though