It is currently April 30th, 2024, 4:49 pm

[Friendly Resource] If PlayerType=Lyrics needs an update, LRCLIB can be used

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
Jeff

[Friendly Resource] If PlayerType=Lyrics needs an update, LRCLIB can be used

Post by Jeff »

Just as the title says, https://lrclib.net/ exists, by its purpose, it's used to get timestamped lyrics, however it can also be used to just get the plain lyrics (being one of the JSON results), the required parameters to get the lyrics are the Track Name, Artist Name, Album and Duration (in seconds, crucial for it to return info).
Hope this will help (in the future)!
RicardoTM

Re: [Friendly Resource] If PlayerType=Lyrics needs an update, LRCLIB can be used

Post by RicardoTM »

Yesterday I was thinking about a lyrics skin lol Thanks for the info.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: [Friendly Resource] If PlayerType=Lyrics needs an update, LRCLIB can be used

Post by Yincognito »

Jeff wrote: April 4th, 2024, 9:49 pm Just as the title says, https://lrclib.net/ exists, by its purpose, it's used to get timestamped lyrics, however it can also be used to just get the plain lyrics (being one of the JSON results), the required parameters to get the lyrics are the Track Name, Artist Name, Album and Duration (in seconds, crucial for it to return info).
Hope this will help (in the future)!
If this works with just the Track and Artist as parameters, then it can be a nice alternative to the https://www.letras.mus.br site, which is the only source left to get lyrics from nowadays. :thumbup:
RicardoTM wrote: April 5th, 2024, 12:35 am Yesterday I was thinking about a lyrics skin lol Thanks for the info.
Eclectic-tech has some nice skins in that area, also the Player skin from my suite can alternatively display lyrics after a middle click (can't recall if on the PLAY area or on the sliding info, since I don't use it much) and has manual scrolling too - so you can check them if you're curious or just for fun (assuming, of course, that the required ID3 tags are present in the audio file). ;-)
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
RicardoTM

Post by RicardoTM »

Yincognito wrote: April 5th, 2024, 8:28 am Eclectic-tech has some nice skins in that area, also the Player skin from my suite can alternatively display lyrics after a middle click (can't recall if on the PLAY area or on the sliding info, since I don't use it much) and has manual scrolling too - so you can check them if you're curious or just for fun (assuming, of course, that the required ID3 tags are present in the audio file). ;-)
I'll do it after I "finish" my current projects. My guess is that they work with webparser right? I want to do something like the Spotify Lyrics function (works with musixmatch and displays the lyrics synced). Sadly I checked the website jeff linked but its an API and I have no idea how it would be integrated on Rainmeter lol. But yes, it can work with only the artist and song name according to their documentation.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

RicardoTM wrote: April 5th, 2024, 8:49 pm I'll do it after I "finish" my current projects. My guess is that they work with webparser right? I want to do something like the Spotify Lyrics function (works with musixmatch and displays the lyrics synced). Sadly I checked the website jeff linked but its an API and I have no idea how it would be integrated on Rainmeter lol. But yes, it can work with only the artist and song name according to their documentation.
Nope, they use the PlayerType=Lyrics option of a NowPlaying measure:
https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/measures/nowplaying/

The lyrics are not in sync with the audio (e.g. like captions with a YouTube video, or the subtitles with a movie), if that's what you mean, and while NowPlaying (which doesn't fully support Spotify, if any) has a lyrics ability, the WebNowPlaying (which does support Spotify in certain conditions) doesn't have such a lyrics ability as far as I'm aware of.

Having the lyrics LINES in sync with the audio might be possible in a Rainmeter skin, but you would need some source to get that "song" timestamps when each lyrics line occurs, and obviously the duration and version of that "song" would have to match the source where you get those timestamps perfectly. Not sure if it's something that would be feasible in 100% of the cases, if you ask me... :???:

Obviously, doing some sync based on words rather than lines (e.g. like a karaoke system) is even more difficult, if possible that is.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth