It is currently April 27th, 2024, 10:59 am

Reverse Masking?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
An_Hell

Reverse Masking?

Post by An_Hell »

Hello, is there anything like a reverse mask?

Currently I have this:
Which is some round lines with a rectangle shape (same color as the background) on the start of it

Here without said rectangle:
It looks great with a solid color.

But the moment I have some transparency to show my wallpaper it looks like this, as expected:

So my question is, how could I retain the effect of the first image, but using transparency?
Maybe a rectangle shape (like the one I'm already using) which can "erase" what is behind it? Or maybe a round line option to have the start angle to start without an angle (I know it's not what the name suggests).
I'm not a fan of the round line starting with an angle, I could not find a a starting angle that looks good, specially with 2 lines together, it looks like a keyhole.

This is basically what I have as code but variables and plugins.

Code: Select all

[MeterCircleBackground]
Meter=Roundline
X=107
Y=69
StartAngle=(Rad(90))
RotationAngle=(Rad(360))
LineStart=55
LineLength=59
Solid=1
LineColor=#SubTextColor#
AntiAlias=1

[MeterCPULoadCircleBackground]
Meter=Roundline
X=107
Y=69
StartAngle=(Rad(90))
RotationAngle=(Rad(360))
LineStart=20
LineLength=36
Solid=1
LineColor=#SubTextColor#
AntiAlias=1

[MeterCPULoadCircle]
Meter=Roundline
MeasureName=measureCPULoad
X=0r
Y=0r
StartAngle=(Rad(90))
RotationAngle=(Rad(360))
LineStart=20
LineLength=36
Solid=1
LineColor=#LoadColor#
AntiAlias=1

[MeterCPUTemperatureCircleBackground]
Meter=Roundline
X=107
Y=69
StartAngle=(Rad(90))
RotationAngle=(Rad(360))
LineStart=42
LineLength=50
Solid=1
LineColor=#SubTextColor#
AntiAlias=1

[MeterCPUTemperatureCircle]
Meter=Roundline
MeasureName=measureCPUTemp
X=0r
Y=0r
StartAngle=(Rad(90))
RotationAngle=(Rad(360))
LineStart=42
LineLength=50
Solid=1
LineColor=#TemperatureColor#
AntiAlias=1

[MeterLine]
Meter=SHAPE
Shape=Rectangle 166,67,140,4,0 | Fill Color #SubTextColor# | StrokeWidth 0 | Stroke Color 0,0,0,0

[MeterEmptyLine]
Meter=SHAPE
Shape=Rectangle 104,82,6,40,0 | Fill Color #BackgroundColor# | StrokeWidth 0 | Stroke Color 0,0,0,0
RicardoTM

Re: Reverse Masking?

Post by RicardoTM »

You could change the background roundlines to shapes and use combine.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

An_Hell wrote: March 24th, 2024, 4:40 am Hello, is there anything like a reverse mask?
An alternative to what RicardoTM suggested would be to use container meters (take their limitations into account). In this case, it would save you the hassle of converting the roundlines to arc or curve shapes and such, which would involve a bit of math. The disadvantage of using a container here would be that the masked part of the roundline would still be counted as part of the value / angle, despite being "hidden" by the container.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
An_Hell

Post by An_Hell »

RicardoTM wrote: March 24th, 2024, 4:57 am You could change the background roundlines to shapes and use combine.
Yincognito wrote: March 24th, 2024, 2:08 pm An alternative to what RicardoTM suggested would be to use container meters (take their limitations into account). In this case, it would save you the hassle of converting the roundlines to arc or curve shapes and such, which would involve a bit of math. The disadvantage of using a container here would be that the masked part of the roundline would still be counted as part of the value / angle, despite being "hidden" by the container.
Thank you both for the replies.
Yesterday before posting I tried messing up with containers, but without success, it was already very late, now I tried it again, created an image in the shape I wanted, the donut shape with vertical cut on the bottom, and applied that to the round lines. And it worked, I just had to change the round lines position relative to the container, I guess that's where I messed up yesterday.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

An_Hell wrote: March 24th, 2024, 8:18 pm Thank you both for the replies.
Yesterday before posting I tried messing up with containers, but without success, it was already very late, now I tried it again, created an image in the shape I wanted, the donut shape with vertical cut on the bottom, and applied that to the round lines. And it worked, I just had to change the round lines position relative to the container, I guess that's where I messed up yesterday.
Taking breaks often gives a better chance to solve a problem, indeed. Glad you got it working. Combining shapes is a good choice as well, especially if the shapes are already designed and you're ok with the combined result inheriting color related attributes from one of the shapes being combined. ;-)
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth