It is currently April 27th, 2024, 10:20 pm

What do I need to present Rainmeter layouts on YouTube?

General topics related to Rainmeter.
RainDojo

What do I need to present Rainmeter layouts on YouTube?

Post by RainDojo »

Hi everybody, my first post here.

I like to watch Link Vegas and Tanjim the Tech Guy on YouTube and would like to start a similar thing in the future (I have to learn a bit yet). Does anyone know what software these guys would use to make their videos? Adobe AE maybe?

Also, I tried creating a new User on my PC to use for my videos, the plan was I'd show how Windows 10 looks unskinned then install Rainmeter and my skin/layout.
RicardoTM

Re: What do I need to present Rainmeter layouts on YouTube?

Post by RicardoTM »

Those kind of videos can be done with any video editing software. Even with windows movie maker. Camtasia Studio is a pretty solid screen recording software that also includes editing capabilities.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

RainDojo wrote: March 20th, 2024, 3:07 pm Hi everybody, my first post here.

I like to watch Link Vegas and Tanjim the Tech Guy on YouTube and would like to start a similar thing in the future (I have to learn a bit yet). Does anyone know what software these guys would use to make their videos? Adobe AE maybe?

Also, I tried creating a new User on my PC to use for my videos, the plan was I'd show how Windows 10 looks unskinned then install Rainmeter and my skin/layout.
Like RicardoTM mentioned, it depends on whether you just record your screen, or want to also add various other effects and video besides the said recording. Personally, I generally use MSI Afterburner (free, records in both desktop and D3D aka game mode) for screen recording, VirtualDub2 (free, can add plugins to enhance it) for basic editing, and Vegas Pro (not free, was Sony, then Magix, now I don't know) for advanced editing and such. Never used other Adobe products besides Acrobat Reader and Photoshop, too much used space and bloatware for my taste, though they do perform.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

RainDojo wrote: March 20th, 2024, 3:07 pm Hi everybody, my first post here.

Don't want to nitpick, but what has this to do with Rainmeter?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

balala wrote: March 20th, 2024, 7:11 pm Don't want to nitpick, but what has this to do with Rainmeter?
It has to do with showing Rainmeter Layouts on YouTube and the different methods available for that purpose. I think this fits perfectly in the "General Discussion" thread... :welcome:
RainDojo

Post by RainDojo »

Thanks for all of your feedback, much appreciated. I only asked because I was thinking of posting videos of RainMeter layouts on to YouTube.