It is currently April 27th, 2024, 12:34 pm

MirageWeather

Weather skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: MirageWeather

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: June 7th, 2023, 9:16 pm Alright, I decided to leave it according to what the most recent topic was about, but it can be easily changed by editing the GetResult() function in the script and recompiling, if needed. With the proper adjustments it will do whatever you want, being a "bridge" between Rainmeter and AutoIt - not exactly what jsmorley mentioned in your old thread, but close enough to achieve the desired objective. Feel free to check it out any time you like, no pressure. ;-)
Yep, I saw your post. Good you got it working. Will check it sooner or later, but unfortunately these days are busy for me. Not a problem, but have no enough time. Unfortunately...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: June 8th, 2023, 6:04 pm Yep, I saw your post. Good you got it working. Will check it sooner or later, but unfortunately these days are busy for me. Not a problem, but have no enough time. Unfortunately...
Like I said, no pressure. You can check it when you have time, and if you have time (or want to). It's there to stay, after all, for anyone to look at it when comfortable. My previous message was meant to inform you of where it is and that it's done - the rest is up to you, or anyone else interested, for that matter. :thumbup:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Updated skin to version 2.1.

With help of a few users, I finally realized a new version of this skin.
  • The temperatures charts can now be rounded. In previous version of the skin, these were composed by straight lines. This style is also available, however a new, rounded form of these charts has been added:
    MirageWeather.png
    I got help in creating the rounded chart by Yincognito. Many thanks to him.
  • The appropriate setting has been added to the Weather tab of the MirageWeather\Settings\Settings.ini skin. Here you can choose either the new, rounded chart, or the old-style chart, composed by straight lines:
    MirageSettings.png
  • Updated the German translation. Thank ikarus1969 for helping with this.
All things / settings described in the first post of this topic are in effect.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: August 7th, 2023, 6:46 pmThe temperatures charts can now be rounded. In previous version of the skin, these were composed by straight lines. [...] The appropriate setting has been added to the Weather tab of the MirageWeather\Settings\Settings.ini skin. Here you can choose either the new, rounded chart, or the old-style chart, composed by straight lines
Looks great - well done. Excellent idea to allow users to choose between styles as well. :thumbup:
Out of curiosity, is the graph line supposed to be dotted for today? Maybe as a reaction to today's weather forecast not being available on Weather.com while already in the evening? I see that this is true for both the straight line style and the rounded style, so I imagine it is intentional, I'm just curious to know what it's supposed to mean. :D
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: August 7th, 2023, 7:52 pm Looks great - well done. Excellent idea to allow users to choose between styles as well. :thumbup:
Thanks for the appreciations and thank you again for help you give with rounding the chart. I'm extremely glad if you like it.
Yincognito wrote: August 7th, 2023, 7:52 pm Out of curiosity, is the graph line supposed to be dotted for today? Maybe as a reaction to today's weather forecast not being available on Weather.com while already in the evening? I see that this is true for both the straight line style and the rounded style, so I imagine it is intentional, I'm just curious to know what it's supposed to mean. :D
You're perfectly right. It is continuous while the highest temperature is available, but when on afternoon, this highest temperature becomes unavailable on weather.com, the red colored temperature value fades a little bit and the red line becomes dotted (only) between the dot of today and the one of next day.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

balala wrote: August 7th, 2023, 8:19 pm Thanks for the appreciations and thank you again for help you give with rounding the chart. I'm extremely glad if you like it.

You're perfectly right. It is continuous while the highest temperature is available, but when on afternoon, this highest temperature becomes unavailable on weather.com, the red colored temperature value fades a little bit and the red line becomes dotted (only) between the dot of today and the one of next day.
Ah, I see, that explains it - quite an elegant way to illustrate that.
I'm happy that I could help with rounding the chart and that you're satisfied with the result - it was my pleasure. ;-)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Yincognito wrote: August 7th, 2023, 8:40 pm Ah, I see, that explains it - quite an elegant way to illustrate that.
I'm happy that I could help with rounding the chart and that you're satisfied with the result - it was my pleasure. ;-)
SZKAMAN

Post by SZKAMAN »

Love the skin, but i'm struggling getting it to recognize my correct location.
When I hit DETECT, It says I'm in Philidelphia, PA, USA.
I am in Kalamazoo, MI, USA.
I try entering long lat, it keeps changing what I enter.
I am wondering if it is because I am at work and permissions / Firewalls prevent location service?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

SZKAMAN wrote: February 27th, 2024, 4:58 pm Love the skin,
Thank you, I'm glad.
SZKAMAN wrote: February 27th, 2024, 4:58 pm When I hit DETECT, It says I'm in Philidelphia, PA, USA.
I am in Kalamazoo, MI, USA.
SZKAMAN wrote: February 27th, 2024, 4:58 pm I am wondering if it is because I am at work and permissions / Firewalls prevent location service?
Might be, but unfortunately I can't be sure. In any case, the Detect button is not working too precisely in some cases. This has been described in the first post. However there are some other solutions as well.
Try entering Kalamazoo in the City field of the Weather tab of Settings.ini. Unfortunately it seems the location searching tool is not working, most probably due some changes in the site used to look for the geographical coordinates. However you can give a try, as said above, by entering Kalamazoo in the City field and hitting Enter. If you get results, chose the proper one (assuming there are more). If there are no results (and since you said you tried entering the coordinates, I suppose there are no results at all, right?), my question is how do you try to enter the geographical coordinates. Click the Latitude field and enter 42.291707 and hit Enter (important!). Then click the Longitude field and enter -85.5872286. Hit Enter again (important again, in order to let the skin to register the entered value). Check in both cases if the hemispheres are set correctly (N for Latitude and W for Longitude). Alternatively you can enter 85.5872286 for Longitude (no minus) and chose western hemisphere from the drop-down menu.
If you did this, finally click OK or Apply, to write the appropriate values to the file and let the skin to start using these values.
SZKAMAN wrote: February 27th, 2024, 4:58 pm I try entering long lat, it keeps changing what I enter.
Not sure what you mean by "keeps changing" what you enter. I assume you don't hit Enter after adding the longitude and the latitude. Did you hit it?

Final solution, if none of the above ones work: open manually the Skins\MirageWeather\@Resources\Settings.inc file and look for the Latitude and Longitude variables (and there is one more, CityName1). They are located almost on the end of the file. Enter Latitude=42.29171, Longitude=-85.58723 and CityName1=Kalamazoo. Save and close the file. Don't forget to refresh the skin. It should show the weather for the manually added location, which has the entered latitude and longitude.

And one more: as said above, in the Settings tool of this skin some things are not working anymore it seems. In meantime I'm working on a new version of the skin, in which all this things are fixed and some new features are added. It will be released soon, but have to test it deeply, because this has not been made so far. If you are interested, I ask you to come back after a while (hope not more than a week) and when I post the new version, try that one. Thank you for your interest and hope you can get this version working, before the new version will be published. Can you get it?
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

The newest 2.2 version of MirageWeather.
  • Added a feature to can use the skin to follow the weather conditions in up to five different locations. The skin has now so many tabs, as many locations (up to five) have you set up:
    Screenshot 2024-03-21 223705.png
  • Fixed the error of location search tool, in the included Settings\Settings.ini skin.
  • Redesigned the Weather tab of this Settings tool (skin), to can add the locations on its right side, one by one:
    Screenshot 2024-03-22 212937.png
  • Added the possibility to open the map of any of the set locations, either by a right click to the tab of the Weather.ini skin, or to the right arrows, next to each location, on the Weather tab of the Settings\Settings.ini skin (see bellow).
  • Updated the German translation, by ikarus1969. Thank him for helping with this.
  • A few other minor updates in the code.
To manage the locations please take into account the followings: When you first install this version of the skin there are no locations set (not even if you upgrade the previous version of MirageWeather, because the appropriate variables, which are storing the location information have been renamed). To set up a location first click the locations on the right (by first you get there five dashes, each indication one of the yet not set locations). Any of the bellow procedure are you using to set up a location, it will be applied to the this way clicked / selected location.
When a place has been selected, you can:
  • Click the Detect button, to let the skin to try detecting your current location (not always work).
  • Try to enter the name of your location into the City field. When you hit Enter, the skin will look for the entered location, showing up to ten of the found locations, into a panel. Click the location you want to use, then click OK (if locations couldn't be found, you are notified about this).
  • If none of the above solution work (rare cases, but not impossible), you can manually enter a location (in the City field), and set the geographical latitude and longitude, into the Latitude and Longitude fields and set the proper hemisphere (North - South and East - West, respectively), in the right placed drop-down menus. To set the numeric values of the coordinates, you can:
    • Click the field and enter the coordinate from keyboard, as a decimal number.
    • Scroll the mouse wheel on any of these fields. The fifth decimal of the coordinate varies.
    • If when scrolling, you keep hold down the CTRL key on your keyboard, the coordinate varies by tenth of a unit.
    • If you hold down the ALT key, the variation is by the third decimal (so by one thousandth of a unit).
Note that in the Settings skin, you can click the locations (and can set them up or remove them) just in order: you can remove only the last location and can add one only after the last one which is set up. However you can edit any of the set location at any moment, by clicking it, then editing the shown settings.
The other settings have not been altered, you can work with them in the way described in the first post of this topic.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.