It is currently April 27th, 2024, 6:25 pm

Send audio to discord

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
peppo79

Send audio to discord

Post by peppo79 »

Hi everybody, sorry for my bad english and that i'm a noob.. I'd like to know if it's possible to send audio to discord, i'd like to create a sort of soundboard.

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestion and have a nice day
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Send audio to discord

Post by Yincognito »

peppo79 wrote: March 16th, 2024, 2:09 pm Hi everybody, sorry for my bad english and that i'm a noob.. I'd like to know if it's possible to send audio to discord, i'd like to create a sort of soundboard.

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestion and have a nice day
I don't use it so I can't tell for sure, but if you mean "send audio files to other people by using discord", this might be possible if discord has command line options able to do that - all you would need is a RunCommand measure and something (a mouse action from a meter, that kind of thing) to trigger the action. If this is not what you meant, some clarification regarding on what exactly you'd like to achieve would be needed.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
peppo79

Post by peppo79 »

Yincognito wrote: March 16th, 2024, 8:46 pm I don't use it so I can't tell for sure, but if you mean "send audio files to other people by using discord", this might be possible if discord has command line options able to do that - all you would need is a RunCommand measure and something (a mouse action from a meter, that kind of thing) to trigger the action. If this is not what you meant, some clarification regarding on what exactly you'd like to achieve would be needed.
you're right, I didn't explain it very well.. i'm in a discord vocal channel with friends and i'd like to play a sound so that my friends can listen it, so I think it should be played in the input device (like i was talking in the mic). I've just done a little soundboard but the sound it's played in speakers and not send via output (microphone).

something like Voicemod soundboard, i click on the button and my friends listen this audio on the discord channel.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

peppo79 wrote: March 17th, 2024, 1:44 pm you're right, I didn't explain it very well.. i'm in a discord vocal channel with friends and i'd like to play a sound so that my friends can listen it, so I think it should be played in the input device (like i was talking in the mic). I've just done a little soundboard but the sound it's played in speakers and not send via output (microphone).

something like Voicemod soundboard, i click on the button and my friends listen this audio on the discord channel.
Oh, I see what you meant now. Rainmeter itself can only play some .wav on speakers, not on the microphone, see the Play bang here:
https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/bangs/#Application

There are speech plugins for Rainmeter, but again, they only play to the speakers / sound card. Obviously, if the mic "hears" the sound played by the speakers / headphones and is reproducing it, then you might be able to achieve a limited success with what you want. Otherwise, bar some specific cable related setup or some other software to do the above, I'm afraid it's going to be tricky to complete your goal. Not sure if PowerShell can play / overplay stuff directly to the mic, but if it can, then such a (mini) script can be triggered / executed by Rainmeter via the aforementioned RunCommand measure system.
peppo79

Post by peppo79 »

Yincognito wrote: March 17th, 2024, 2:46 pm Oh, I see what you meant now. Rainmeter itself can only play some .wav on speakers, not on the microphone, see the Play bang here:
https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/bangs/#Application

There are speech plugins for Rainmeter, but again, they only play to the speakers / sound card. Obviously, if the mic "hears" the sound played by the speakers / headphones and is reproducing it, then you might be able to achieve a limited success with what you want. Otherwise, bar some specific cable related setup or some other software to do the above, I'm afraid it's going to be tricky to complete your goal. Not sure if PowerShell can play / overplay stuff directly to the mic, but if it can, then such a (mini) script can be triggered / executed by Rainmeter via the aforementioned RunCommand measure system.
thank you very much for your help, i'll try other way like vbCable and similar, thank you again and have a nice day
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

peppo79 wrote: March 18th, 2024, 1:26 pm thank you very much for your help, i'll try other way like vbCable and similar, thank you again and have a nice day
You're welcome, have a nice day too (sorry I couldn't help more). ;-)
RicardoTM

Post by RicardoTM »

Something you could try (that has nothing to do with rainmeter) is using the stereo mix device as mic. That one "records" all system sounds and can be selected as mic to play whatever is playing on your system as if it was your microphone, it's a built-in virtual device.

Although you would need to find a way to make some kind of macro that changes the recording device to that, then plays the sound, then returns the recording device to your mic (might be possible using rainmeter, don't know).
peppo79

Post by peppo79 »

RicardoTM wrote: March 18th, 2024, 3:25 pm Something you could try (that has nothing to do with rainmeter) is using the stereo mix device as mic. That one "records" all system sounds and can be selected as mic to play whatever is playing on your system as if it was your microphone, it's a built-in virtual device.

Although you would need to find a way to make some kind of macro that changes the recording device to that, then plays the sound, then returns the recording device to your mic (might be possible using rainmeter, don't know).
Thanks you too Ricardo for the help!
Have a nice day
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

lopun3 wrote: March 20th, 2024, 9:24 am What are some potential methods or tools for creating a macro or automation to switch the recording device to the stereo mix, play system sounds as if it were a microphone, and then switch back to the original microphone device?
Any recording software (e.g. Audacity, etc.) should have the ability to select the recording input. This is not the main problem, like RicardoTM also mentioned, but finding one that can be controlled through a script of some sort (e.g. batch, PowerShell, python, AutoIt, AutoHotKey, etc.) that could be then executed via a RunCommand measure by a Rainmeter skin. Why don't you try to find one yourself and come back here for advice on the Rainmeter part? For example, although code is not provided, see this similar AutoIt thread from... 2005:
https://www.autoitscript.com/forum/topic/9330-recording-control/