It is currently April 27th, 2024, 10:24 pm

Paste from clipboard?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Paste from clipboard?

Post by Yincognito »

RicardoTM wrote: March 1st, 2024, 7:58 pm Yes I got to those posts but I was hoping there was something else I didn't see, like Brian's plugin, thanks. I'll take a look at that one too.
:thumbup:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
RicardoTM

Post by RicardoTM »

I'm back.

Does anyone know of a skin that uses this clipboard plugin right here by brian ferguson?

I tried installing it from the github but I have no idea I guess, it didn't work.

Wanna try it out real bad.

Or if someone could give instructions on how to properly install it I would also appreciate it. I tried creating a folder at the @Vault >Plugins folder and adding both 32bit and 64bit. When that didn't work I downloaded the .zip version and found in it a "release" folder which contains a Clipboard.dll file. I tried adding that to the plugins folder at the rainmeter settings folder (roaming/rainmeter/plugins). But it didn't work either.

Edit: Got it working, here's a super simple test package for anyone wanting to test it.

ClipboardTest_.rmskin

To me, PluginClipboard does a far better job than this plugin. I was hoping it would actually return the content of the windows clipboard menu (win + v) but it just does the same as the PluginClipboard plugin. Only that this plugin doesn't work if Update=-1, clears after a refresh, if you copy 3 times the same thing, then you'll have the same thing on 3 measures... and it needs a parent measure, indices and more stuff. On the other side, the TextOnly and ErrorString options could be useful for some people.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

RicardoTM wrote: April 24th, 2024, 3:22 am Or if someone could give instructions on how to properly install it I would also appreciate it. I tried creating a folder at the @Vault >Plugins folder and adding both 32bit and 64bit. When that didn't work I downloaded the .zip version and found in it a "release" folder which contains a Clipboard.dll file. I tried adding that to the plugins folder at the rainmeter settings folder (roaming/rainmeter/plugins). But it didn't work either.
Like you probably noticed already, the @Vault > Plugins folder from the Documents folder is just a storage location for both the 32bit and the 64bit versions of a custom plugin. The proper 32 bit or 64 bit .dll that's going to be used by Rainmeter should be copied to the Roaming > Rainmeter > Plugins folder from the AppData folder. Posting this here for future readers of this.
RicardoTM

Post by RicardoTM »

Yincognito wrote: April 24th, 2024, 9:37 am Like you probably noticed already, the @Vault > Plugins folder from the Documents folder is just a storage location for both the 32bit and the 64bit versions of a custom plugin. The proper 32 bit or 64 bit .dll that's going to be used by Rainmeter should be copied to the Roaming > Rainmeter > Plugins folder from the AppData folder. Posting this here for future readers of this.
Yup, my mistake was pasting the clipboard.dll I found on the "release" folder, instead of the 64bit clipboard.dll. Once I did that it worked. I feel like instructions in the manual could be a little bit more specific. Ez anyway lol
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

RicardoTM wrote: April 24th, 2024, 9:45 am I feel like instructions in the manual could be a little bit more specific.
Indeed, sometimes reading between the lines in the manual helps, at least in cases where things aren't spelled out in a specific manner. ;-)