It is currently October 6th, 2024, 12:40 pm

Windows main audio volume per channel?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
rbriddickk84
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Windows main audio volume per channel?

Post by rbriddickk84 »

ZXCVBOT wrote: November 10th, 2023, 10:59 am I have a teeny-tiny-suggestion: unrelated to the main topic, but it works Rainmeter-wise:

Set the Volume up to 100 (Mixed-Volume?) per device.
Set the max fixed ratio in which you want them to increase/decrease. Example: Left 100, Right 80.
Now, the simple volume-meters in Rainmeter and normal-volume sliders of windows would use that ratio to increase/decrease (As long as both are greater than 0). Example (cont.) At 100% : L100,R80 ; At 50% : L50,R45.

I get this is not what you want to achieve, but I wasn't able to wait till Yincognito's answer.
To control the mixed volume i use the good old "Win7AudioPlugin", but of course the nircmd command if goes above the max volume of overall channels it changes both channels volume to equal for some reason. But i wrote a script that which has a variable to save the current max value and limit the command to go above that. But yet again, sadly i don't have the time in these days to deep-dive in these that much.
Yincognito wrote: November 10th, 2023, 5:43 pm I let most of the code unchanged, except some needed nested syntax for the variables in the mouse action bangs, as already mentioned earlier (I also changed to left mouse up and middle mouse up, it was more comfortable for me during testing). That alone made the code work as it should have (didn't test the original code at all, just went with the proper implementation). In addition to that, I added two RunCommand measures to get the left and right channel volumes, so the skin starts from current values communicated by the system in that regard. Therefore, you'll need:
- NirSoft's Sound Volume Command Line tool, placed in the @Resources\Addons folder of the skin (to get channel volumes)
- NirSoft's NirCmd tool, placed in the @Resources\Addons folder of the skin (to set channel volumes)
to have it all working (I used the 64bit versions, but it's up to you which architecture you prefer to use).

Feel free to adjust whatever thing you need from the code above (e.g. the "Speaker" device, in case you have it differently, something you can see in the SoundVolumeView utility from the same NirSoft).

P.S. In case it's unclear why two such tools have to be used, it's because the first tool couldn't set the left channel volume for me (only the right one), and the second tool doesn't seem to have parameters to get the channel volumes (or any volume, for that matter) at all. :confused:
I see you made a detailed project out of the idea. :D
I've downloaded yestrday the other nirsoft sound tool so i just copy-pasted the code and seems to be working. Not that glitchy this time as with my code obviously. :) When i will have more time on my hands, i will experiment with this further. :D
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Windows main audio volume per channel?

Post by Yincognito »

rbriddickk84 wrote: November 10th, 2023, 7:23 pm I see you made a detailed project out of the idea. :D
I've downloaded yestrday the other nirsoft sound tool so i just copy-pasted the code and seems to be working. Not that glitchy this time as with my code obviously. :) When i will have more time on my hands, i will experiment with this further. :D
Sure thing, take your time. You might want to center those ellipse dots on your values / mouse cursor when polishing the code later on though, so you can use the 100% value for the volume as well (like i said, I didn't touch those parts). ;-)
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth