It is currently September 19th, 2024, 8:22 pm

Help to assemble a formula

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Help to assemble a formula

Post by Yincognito »

arcanosa84 wrote: September 12th, 2023, 6:09 pm Please, using your knowledge, guide me to correctly use the log to see why executing an address on the laptop does not work for me, if it works fine on the PC, taking into account that the location that I command to open on the laptop exists. :D :D
The Log (window or bang, doesn't matter) won't tell you WHY it doesn't work. It will tell you WHAT are the values of whatever you want to log. Identifying why is up to you, as well as adjusting things to work. Unfortunately, in this matter, none of us can really help, since those paths are specific to your computers, we don't have them.

What we can do is help you help yourself, so to speak. Just have the mouse action where you run the link like:

LeftMouseUpAction=[!Log "Link 4 is: #Link4#]["#Link4#"]

or similar, in the corresponding meter. This way, no "loop" of logs will happen, since the message will be printed in the log window only when you click on that meter. Obviously, you can have anything as the parameter in the !Log bang, for example [!Log "@Include3 path is: #ROOTCONFIGPATH#\TheRestOfThePathYouUseForYourInclude3File"] and so on. You can then check if these values printed in the log window are those you expect and match the folder structure on the computer where you run the skin, and then make the needed adjustments - you get the idea. This bang is an useful tool to check what's wrong in terms of values in your skin, especially when you're not sure about it.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
arcanosa84

Post by arcanosa84 »

Yincognito wrote: September 12th, 2023, 6:34 pm Like the tabs in a browser? :???:
Not like that, the idea I have is to put access to the different skins in the first hour, and in a second sheet the one I shared with the configurations.
In principle, I would hide with Hidden=1 what corresponds to the second sheet, that is, all the configuration, so that it shows the accesses and by selecting the arrow go to the second sheet, hiding what corresponds to the first and showing what corresponds to the second, It would be like 2 skins, in one, what do you think?

This is the code that I will use to change the leaves. Of course, in each meter on page 2 I will put Hidden=1, I will also add Group=1 or 2 as appropriate.

Code: Select all

[CambiodePaginaSig]
Meter = Image
ImageName = #@#\Images\Settings\Siguiente.png
x = 691
y = 453
LeftMouseUpAction=[!HideMeterGroup Pag1][!ShowMeterGroup Pag2][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
ToolTipType=1
ToolTipText=Siguiente

[CambiodePaginaAnt]
Meter = Image
ImageName = #@#\Images\Settings\Anterior.png
x = -7
y = 453
LeftMouseUpAction=[!HideMeterGroup Pag2][!ShowMeterGroup Pag1][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
ToolTipType=1
ToolTipText=Anterior
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:Whistle :Whistle Learning is the most complete art of life. Just enjoy it. :bow: :bow:
arcanosa84

Post by arcanosa84 »

Yincognito wrote: September 12th, 2023, 6:59 pm The Log (window or bang, doesn't matter) won't tell you WHY it doesn't work. It will tell you WHAT are the values of whatever you want to log. Identifying why is up to you, as well as adjusting things to work. Unfortunately, in this matter, none of us can really help, since those paths are specific to your computers, we don't have them.

What we can do is help you help yourself, so to speak. Just have the mouse action where you run the link like:

or similar, in the corresponding meter. This way, no "loop" of logs will happen, since the message will be printed in the log window only when you click on that meter. Obviously, you can have anything as the parameter in the !Log bang, for example [!Log "@Include3 path is: #ROOTCONFIGPATH#\TheRestOfThePathYouUseForYourInclude3File"] and so on. You can then check if these values printed in the log window are those you expect and match the folder structure on the computer where you run the skin, and then make the needed adjustments - you get the idea. This bang is an useful tool to check what's wrong in terms of values in your skin, especially when you're not sure about it.
If I know that in the log what it leaves are the actions it performs, I'm going to try as you told me in a while and I'll tell you the results. :thumbup:
:Whistle :Whistle Learning is the most complete art of life. Just enjoy it. :bow: :bow:
arcanosa84

Post by arcanosa84 »

balala wrote: September 12th, 2023, 12:06 pm The Log has created a loop? No way...
Or did I misunderstand something?

As already said by Yincognito, take care that these two options are not related to the same type of section. Disabled can be applied on measures, while Hidden on meters. None of them can be applied on other type of sections then these.

Did Incognito replied all your questions, or there still is something you didn't find the answer to?
Well, I'm making progress on the configuration skin, I've already made 2 pages of it, and so far I've stumbled upon several things but I've been able to solve them, if I get complicated again I'll write. thanks for helping :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :great:
arcanosa84

Post by arcanosa84 »

Yincognito wrote: September 12th, 2023, 6:59 pm The Log (window or bang, doesn't matter) won't tell you WHY it doesn't work. It will tell you WHAT are the values of whatever you want to log. Identifying why is up to you, as well as adjusting things to work. Unfortunately, in this matter, none of us can really help, since those paths are specific to your computers, we don't have them.

Solved :D , Uffffff :o :o , I did what you recommended, the log gave as a result what I put below, and I managed to define that a Tilde made the error, on the laptop the 3 routes have words with an tilde (´) and there you can see it in the last one part of the log result that did not correctly interpret the link address. I solved it by saving the Links.inc file with UTF-16LE encoding as you had already recommended in the case of the sliding menu that we made, when it did not recognize the icons, and this solved the problem, luckily. Thanks for the contribution, as always very precise. I hope I have learned the procedure. :great: :great: :great: :thumbup:
  • NOTE (00:15:09.915) @AL\Ejecutar\Inglés\Inglés.ini: Refreshing skin
    DBUG (00:15:09.916) @AL\Ejecutar\Inglés\Inglés.ini: Reading file: D:\Mis Documentos\Rainmeter\Skins\@AL\Ejecutar\Inglés\Inglés.ini
    DBUG (00:15:09.930) @AL\Ejecutar\Inglés\Inglés.ini: Reading file: D:\Mis Documentos\Rainmeter\Skins\@AL\@Resources\\Config\Variables.inc
    DBUG (00:15:09.931) @AL\Ejecutar\Inglés\Inglés.ini: Reading file: D:\Mis Documentos\Rainmeter\Skins\@AL\@Resources\\Config\Styles.inc
    DBUG (00:15:09.938) @AL\Ejecutar\Inglés\Inglés.ini: Reading file: D:\Mis Documentos\Rainmeter\Skins\@AL\@Resources\\Config\Links.inc
    DBUG (00:15:09.946) : Reading file: C:\Users\AL\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.ini
    DBUG (00:15:09.993) @AL\Ejecutar\Inglés\Inglés.ini: Local Font families: Count=10 Source: @Resources=D:\Mis Documentos\Rainmeter\Skins\@AL\@Resources\Fonts\
    DBUG (00:15:09.993) @AL\Ejecutar\Inglés\Inglés.ini: Local Font families: DS-Digital, DS-Digital Normal, Digital, Digital Digital, Ebrima, Ebrima Regular, Gliscor Gothic, Gliscor Gothic Regular, hooge 05_53, hooge 05_53 Regular
    NOTE (00:15:10.983) @AL\Ejecutar\Inglés\Inglés.ini: Link 3 is: D:\Idiomas\Inglés
D:\Idiomas\Inglés Here you can see how he recognized it, of course he couldn't open it. Luckily it now works, if I did wrong in encoding the file as I said above, it guides me, at least it works now, and I saw what the error was. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I put it in an image because in text you may not notice it depending on its translation.
Last edited by arcanosa84 on September 13th, 2023, 4:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
arcanosa84

Post by arcanosa84 »

balala wrote: September 10th, 2023, 6:35 am Let's assume you have this folder on a computer: E:\Languages\English. If the folder exists and once again, if it exists and if it is declared as a variable (Link2=E:\Languages\English) in the [Variables] section, there is no way not to work both options on that computer (LeftMouseUpAction=["#Link2#"] and LeftMouseUpAction=["E:\Languages\English"]) - excepting the case described below.
And even more, if the same path exists onto another computer, any form of the option works on that computer as well. However none of them will work onto a computer on which the path is not accessible (so where the English folder doesn't exist).
And even more: since the specified path doesn't contain spaces, the option should work even without quoting the variable or the path. So in this case (but this doesn't apply in all cases anymore!) both of the following two options should work: LeftMouseUpAction=[#Link2#] and LeftMouseUpAction=[E:\Languages\English]. The quotes are needed only when there are spaces in the path. However using those quotes all the times, is a better practice, to form a habbit, which prevents you in forgetting them later, when the will be absolutely needed. But strictly speaking and strictly in this case, the options should work even without quotes.
However those LinkX variables seem to exist into the Links.inc file, so if you declaring them once again the skin can cause the variable(s) not to work. This is the explanation of why the directly added path works in the LeftMouseUpAction option, but doesn't when used as a variable. There is a conflict.
So you should remove the variables from the [Variables] section of the file and use them from the Links.inc file. This the most logic approach, but can be used from the skin file as well. Just make sure not to have them declared twice.
Solved :D , Uffffff :o :o , I did what Yincognito recommended, and the log gave as a result what I put below, and I managed to define that an tilde was the error, on the laptop the 3 routes have words with an tilde (´) and there you can see it in the last part of the registration result that did not correctly interpret the link address. I solved it by saving the Links.inc file with UTF-16LE encoding as he had already recommended in the case of the sliding menu we made, when it did not recognize the icons, and this solved the problem, luckily. Thanks for the help. :great: :great:
  • NOTE (00:15:09.915) @AL\Ejecutar\Inglés\Inglés.ini: Refreshing skin
    DBUG (00:15:09.916) @AL\Ejecutar\Inglés\Inglés.ini: Reading file: D:\Mis Documentos\Rainmeter\Skins\@AL\Ejecutar\Inglés\Inglés.ini
    DBUG (00:15:09.930) @AL\Ejecutar\Inglés\Inglés.ini: Reading file: D:\Mis Documentos\Rainmeter\Skins\@AL\@Resources\\Config\Variables.inc
    DBUG (00:15:09.931) @AL\Ejecutar\Inglés\Inglés.ini: Reading file: D:\Mis Documentos\Rainmeter\Skins\@AL\@Resources\\Config\Styles.inc
    DBUG (00:15:09.938) @AL\Ejecutar\Inglés\Inglés.ini: Reading file: D:\Mis Documentos\Rainmeter\Skins\@AL\@Resources\\Config\Links.inc
    DBUG (00:15:09.946) : Reading file: C:\Users\AL\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.ini
    DBUG (00:15:09.993) @AL\Ejecutar\Inglés\Inglés.ini: Local Font families: Count=10 Source: @Resources=D:\Mis Documentos\Rainmeter\Skins\@AL\@Resources\Fonts\
    DBUG (00:15:09.993) @AL\Ejecutar\Inglés\Inglés.ini: Local Font families: DS-Digital, DS-Digital Normal, Digital, Digital Digital, Ebrima, Ebrima Regular, Gliscor Gothic, Gliscor Gothic Regular, hooge 05_53, hooge 05_53 Regular
    NOTE (00:15:10.983) @AL\Ejecutar\Inglés\Inglés.ini: Link 3 is: D:\Idiomas\Inglés
D:\Idiomas\Inglés Here you can see how he recognized it, of course he couldn't open it. Luckily it now works, if I did wrong in encoding the file as I said above, it guides me, at least it works now, and I saw what the error was. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

I put it in an image because in text you may not notice it depending on its translation.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

arcanosa84 wrote: September 13th, 2023, 12:51 am If I know that in the log what it leaves are the actions it performs, I'm going to try as you told me in a while and I'll tell you the results. :thumbup:
Great to see you managed to solve both issues, the path and the sheet ones. The code looks fine for the sheet part, and you saw how useful is the Log bang and using the info from things we've already talked about (i.e. the encoding). That is what I was talking about: small details like these matter, and you should remember that you're already using or knowing some of these tricks, you only have to apply them with minimal effort in slightly different cases that you can handle yourself. :great:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
arcanosa84

Post by arcanosa84 »

Yincognito wrote: September 13th, 2023, 8:56 am Great to see you managed to solve both issues, the path and the sheet ones. The code looks fine for the sheet part, and you saw how useful is the Log bang and using the info from things we've already talked about (i.e. the encoding). That is what I was talking about: small details like these matter, and you should remember that you're already using or knowing some of these tricks, you only have to apply them with minimal effort in slightly different cases that you can handle yourself. :great:
If so, now I'm having trouble trying to make a font color change if a value of a variable is exceeded, how should I do it?
IfTrueAction=[!SetVariable FontColor1 255,0,0,255][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
I tried an ifCondition and it didn't work, what mistake did I make?
The variable FontColor=206,231,249,255 is declared :(
and in the part of making 2 pages I have a problem, and that is that when I go to the second page and return to the first and activate the moon, the color change buttons are shown that are disabled in the code I made to turn the page . help me clarify. :confused:

Code: Select all

[Variables]
Config1=@Al\Planetas\Luna

[MeasureActive1]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=ConfigActive
ConfigName=#Config1#
DynamicVariables=1
IfCondition=MeasureActive1 = 1
IfTrueAction=[!ShowMeter ColorLunaAtmB][!ShowMeter ColorLunaPlaB][!ShowMeter MeterNombre45]
IfFalseAction=[!HideMeter ColorLunaAtmB][!HideMeter ColorLunaPlaB][!HideMeter MeterNombre45]
Disabled=1
Last edited by arcanosa84 on September 13th, 2023, 5:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

arcanosa84 wrote: September 13th, 2023, 4:36 am Solved :D , Uffffff :o :o
Great!
arcanosa84 wrote: September 13th, 2023, 4:36 am Luckily it now works, if I did wrong in encoding the file as I said above, it guides me, at least it works now, and I saw what the error was.
You can get here some information about how files used in skins should be encoded.
arcanosa84 wrote: September 13th, 2023, 4:06 pm If so, now I'm having trouble trying to make a font color change if a value of a variable is exceeded, how should I do it?
IfTrueAction=[!SetVariable FontColor1 255,0,0,255][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
I tried an ifCondition and it didn't work, what mistake did I make?
The variable FontColor=206,231,249,255 is declared :(
Can't check this in the code, because the package I have has nowhere such an option (in fact doesn't even exist a FontColor1 variable),
and additionally don't even understand what are you meaning by "I tried an ifCondition and it didn't work,", because IfTrueAction for sure doesn't work without an IfCondition. However the posted bang is correct and should work. What can make it not to work properly is a missing DynamicVariables=1 option on any meter (and maybe measure) which uses the variable you're setting with the !SetVariable bang (FontColor1 in this case).
So check if there is an IfCondition option near the IfTrueAction and make sure you've added the DynamicVariables=1 option to all meters which are using the variable.
arcanosa84

Post by arcanosa84 »

balala wrote: September 13th, 2023, 5:47 pm Great!

You can get here some information about how files used in skins should be encoded.

Can't check this in the code, because the package I have has nowhere such an option (in fact doesn't even exist a FontColor1 variable),
and additionally don't even understand what are you meaning by "I tried an ifCondition and it didn't work,", because IfTrueAction for sure doesn't work without an IfCondition. However the posted bang is correct and should work. What can make it not to work properly is a missing DynamicVariables=1 option on any meter (and maybe measure) which uses the variable you're setting with the !SetVariable bang (FontColor1 in this case).
So check if there is an IfCondition option near the IfTrueAction and make sure you've added the DynamicVariables=1 option to all meters which are using the variable.
As soon as I get home I will publish the modified code of the skin settings.ini which is where I am working so you can try and see my problem. I also check if the line you mentioned exists. :great: