It is currently April 27th, 2024, 7:44 pm

Rainmeter does not install, and when it installs, it is immediately deleted.

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Rainmeter does not install, and when it installs, it is immediately deleted.

Post by balala »

Schallzin wrote: July 14th, 2023, 7:52 pm Correct, when I create it in other locations, it's fine, it stays there, and I can install it successfully.
This is alright, but what seems extremely weird to me is that you can't create a folder called rainmeter in the Program Files folder, but can create a folder with any other name. This intricates me and lets me thinking something extremely weird is going on there.
Schallzin wrote: July 14th, 2023, 7:52 pm However, when I open it for the first time, it opens and closes within 1 second. When I try again, the same thing happens.
When Rainmeter closes, what skins do you have activated? Just to make sure not a skin is causing the problem, try a safe start of Rainmeter. Hold down the CTRL key when launching Rainmeter. You get a Rainmeter Safe Start dialog. Click Yes, to start Rainmeter in safe mode, which activates only the default illustro skins. Does Rainmeter launch this way?