It is currently April 28th, 2024, 10:07 am

control actions in skin 2 from skin 1

General topics related to Rainmeter.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: control actions in skin 2 from skin 1

Post by balala »

LuciferVisuals wrote: June 2nd, 2023, 9:04 pm So while I know you could work it all out, a simple skin just focused on the problem has to be easier for you to find the problem.
Definitely. Waiting for the skin.
LuciferVisuals

Post by LuciferVisuals »

balala wrote: June 3rd, 2023, 6:58 pm Definitely. Waiting for the skin.
Yes sorry had a very biz day today, weather was good an had a million outdoor jobs to do. But will do it tom, wont take long, it will be very basic just the bits in question.

thanks

Keith
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

LuciferVisuals wrote: June 3rd, 2023, 9:38 pm Yes sorry had a very biz day today, weather was good an had a million outdoor jobs to do. But will do it tom, wont take long, it will be very basic just the bits in question.
Do it when you have time and want. There's no rush at all...
LuciferVisuals

Post by LuciferVisuals »

balala wrote: June 4th, 2023, 5:50 am Do it when you have time and want. There's no rush at all...
Well I made the simple skin with nothing except a couple of buttons and the rotatory in......... And in the process once I had a stupidly simple skin....... I thought I would have another go before posting it to you...... (4 hours later) I FINALLY managed to make it reverse. WHOOPIE! !!!

Now I need to make the transition between clockwise and anticlockwise smooth, and make it reverse From where it was when the direction changed.....

But I have a few ideas about how to achieve that so I will now exhaust them all one by one and see if I can make it do "Exactly" what I want. If not I'll come back to you.

Thanks for your time, and for being willing to take a look

Keith
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

LuciferVisuals wrote: June 4th, 2023, 1:04 pm But I have a few ideas about how to achieve that so I will now exhaust them all one by one and see if I can make it do "Exactly" what I want. If not I'll come back to you.
Alright. Feel free to come back if needed.
LuciferVisuals

Post by LuciferVisuals »

balala wrote: June 4th, 2023, 5:35 pm Alright. Feel free to come back if needed.
Hi again,

Getting on ok, but slow going this time, but also finding out how to get exactly the same end result with less code, which has to be good.

During this I read somewhere that if you put Update=0 such as in the example below

Code: Select all

[MeasureGateAntiClockWise3]
Measure=Calc
Formula=((MeasureGateAntiClockWise3-1)+(360+1))%(360+1)
MaxValue=360
Update=0
Then it only uses resources when I enable it, and stops when I disable it....... OR WORDS TO THAT EFFECT, basically its better, or so I read.

BUT I cannot find that comment again (I have tried searching but I cant find it. I have tried it and everything still works, but before I do it to every calc in all my projects can you confirm that, it does in fact reduce resources being used please.

Keith
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

LuciferVisuals wrote: June 10th, 2023, 9:57 am During this I read somewhere that if you put Update=0 such as in the example below

Code: Select all

[MeasureGateAntiClockWise3]
Measure=Calc
Formula=((MeasureGateAntiClockWise3-1)+(360+1))%(360+1)
MaxValue=360
Update=0
Then it only uses resources when I enable it, and stops when I disable it....... OR WORDS TO THAT EFFECT, basically its better, or so I read.
The Update option can be used exclusively on the [Rainmeter] section of the code and it is related to the update of the whole skin. It can't be used on measures.
Instead, to disable a measure you have to add a Disabled=1 option to it. If you do this, then you can enable the measure by the [!EnableMaesure "MeasureGateAntiClockWise3"] bang and disable it by [!DisableMaesure "MeasureGateAntiClockWise3"]
LuciferVisuals wrote: June 10th, 2023, 9:57 am BUT I cannot find that comment again (I have tried searching but I cant find it. I have tried it and everything still works, but before I do it to every calc in all my projects can you confirm that, it does in fact reduce resources being used please.
Not sure what do you mean by "comment", however Rainmeter simply ignores the not-valid options on any section of the code. For instance it ignores the above Update=0 option onto measures. Well, in fact Update=0 is ignored even on the [Rainmeter] section, because it has no valid value, since the lowest possible value of the Update option os Update=16. You can't go below this, or if you do, Rainmeter ignores the option and uses the default value, which is Update=1000.
LuciferVisuals

Post by LuciferVisuals »

balala wrote: June 10th, 2023, 11:23 am The Update option can be used exclusively on the [Rainmeter] section of the code and it is related to the update of the whole skin. It can't be used on measures.
Thankyou, I suspected as much, I wanted to be sure.
Not sure what do you mean by "comment"
"Comment" in the sense I used it means I referring to something that someone else said (or wrote), It can also be used in this way "I will not comment on that", basically "No comment" or I have no intention of speaking about that subject.

Thanks for clarifying the update=0 issue, I did read it in the forum somewhere and it looked like a good idea to minimize resource management (so I made a note to try it). When I tried it I SUSPECTED it was not actually doing anything, but was not giving a warning or error. So I tried to find the original "Post" or "Statement" or "Comment" again, to see if there was any discussion or other "Comments" about it, but I could not find it, hence my question to you.

Thanks again

Keith
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

LuciferVisuals wrote: June 11th, 2023, 8:10 am When I tried it I SUSPECTED it was not actually doing anything, but was not giving a warning or error.
Rainmeter doesn't warn the user if a not-valid option is used on any section, regardles if that's a meter, a measure or a "special" section (like [Rainmeter], for instance). This is why you didn't get the message.
LuciferVisuals

Post by LuciferVisuals »

balala wrote: June 11th, 2023, 3:47 pm Rainmeter doesn't warn the user if a not-valid option is used on any section, regardles if that's a meter, a measure or a "special" section (like [Rainmeter], for instance). This is why you didn't get the message.
Thanks, I understood from your previous message, but thanks for making sure I had got it.

Keith