It is currently April 26th, 2024, 3:19 pm

How to setup weather location and player in "Cold" theme ?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Cheadar123

How to setup weather location and player in "Cold" theme ?

Post by Cheadar123 »

I have just installed the theme but the music player and the temperature widget isn't working. I went into the edit but i dont know how to set up these 2 widget.
Pls help, i appreciate it

Here is the dowload link: https://visualskins.com/skin/cold
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: How to setup weather location and player in "Cold" theme ?

Post by balala »

Cheadar123 wrote: May 24th, 2023, 3:35 am I have just installed the theme but the music player and the temperature widget isn't working.
The Weather skin of this suite is trying to use wxdata as weather information provider. But this provider has been deprecated long time ago (more precisely on 01/15/2020) and as such, it doesn't work anymore. A complete rewrite of the code of this skin would be needed, in order to can get it working. But this is a huge task. Instead of rewriting it, I better recommend you to choose a working skin available for instance here.
As for setting up a player, you have to open the Settings skin of the package (Cold\Settings\Settings.ini) and choose de desired player from the [Player] list.
Cheadar123 wrote: May 24th, 2023, 3:35 am I went into the edit but i dont know how to set up these 2 widget.
Just a terminology thing: in Rainmeter those elements are not widgets, but skins.