It is currently June 18th, 2024, 10:00 pm

HotKey plugin 1.0

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
User avatar
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage
Posts: 7451
Joined: February 27th, 2015, 2:38 pm
Location: Terra Yincognita

Re: HotKey plugin 1.0

Post by Yincognito »

lmiol wrote: May 9th, 2023, 4:31 pm no, i did it for a purpose.
i trying to make agile PC similar looks to Console (like XBOX for example) but with features of PC
So i have combinations:
CTRL+WIN+E to run EXPLORER
and
CTRL+WIN+W to shut down EXPLORER

and when i shutdown it i can see rainmeter widget
If you say so... but my question remains: did you manage to solve the issue or it's something to be expected due to the design / capabilities of your skin?
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Crest
Posts: 139
Joined: August 16th, 2013, 12:47 pm

Re: HotKey plugin 1.0

Post by Crest »

lmiol wrote: May 9th, 2023, 4:22 pm no, i am figured out why it happens
it is all because i replaced explorer.exe to rainmeter.exe as by default explore in windows 10

My windows 10 starts with rainmeter widget instead explorer.exe=))))
Definitely takes the cakes for most out of left field thing I've read on here :D
User avatar
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage
Posts: 7451
Joined: February 27th, 2015, 2:38 pm
Location: Terra Yincognita

Re: HotKey plugin 1.0

Post by Yincognito »

Crest wrote: May 9th, 2023, 4:41 pm Definitely takes the cakes for most out of left field thing I've read on here :D
I was thinking the same. :rofl:
But then, at the end of the day, what don't we do to make our desktops look and behave the way we'd like to? :confused: 8-)
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
lmiol
Posts: 18
Joined: April 6th, 2022, 5:36 pm

Re: HotKey plugin 1.0

Post by lmiol »

Yincognito wrote: May 9th, 2023, 4:39 pm If you say so... but my question remains: did you manage to solve the issue or it's something to be expected due to the design / capabilities of your skin?
No, it seems that problem can't be solved. Because rainmeter doesn't seem to understand that it is the default shell
workarea for him is a full desktop area
lmiol
Posts: 18
Joined: April 6th, 2022, 5:36 pm

Re: HotKey plugin 1.0

Post by lmiol »

lmiol wrote: May 9th, 2023, 4:45 pm No, it seems that problem can't be solved. Because rainmeter doesn't seem to understand that it is the default shell
workarea for him is a full desktop area
i think balala idea of this IsFullScreen for catch explorer.exe and do -60px (for taskbar) from bottom is good idea.
and if it cant catch explorer.exe - then full area for background

but it is also bad, because different resolutions of screen is a different height of taskbar and 60px sometimes will be unnecessary or not enough
User avatar
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage
Posts: 7451
Joined: February 27th, 2015, 2:38 pm
Location: Terra Yincognita

Re: HotKey plugin 1.0

Post by Yincognito »

lmiol wrote: May 9th, 2023, 4:45 pm Because rainmeter doesn't seem to understand that it is the default shell
Ouch! How ignorant and outrageous of Rainmeter! :uhuh:
Must push the developers to bring Rainmeter back to its senses! :twisted: :lol:
lmiol wrote: May 9th, 2023, 4:45 pm workarea for him is a full desktop area
Not sure if this would help, but take a look at DesktopWorkArea and DesktopWorkAreaType (these are meant to be added to the [Rainmeter] section of your Rainmeter.ini, aka the current layout). This would make other programs not extend over the bottom 30 pixels of your screen (open to adjustment, of course). Normally, it doesn't include Rainmeter, but it doesn't hurt to try:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
DesktopWorkAreaType=1
DesktopWorkArea=0,0,0,30
lmiol wrote: May 9th, 2023, 4:47 pmbut it is also bad, because different resolutions of screen is a different height of taskbar and 60px sometimes will be unnecessary or not enough
Good point. This is true for other methods as well, like the idea suggested above... :???:
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
lmiol
Posts: 18
Joined: April 6th, 2022, 5:36 pm

Re: HotKey plugin 1.0

Post by lmiol »

Yincognito wrote: May 9th, 2023, 5:02 pm Ouch! How ignorant and outrageous of Rainmeter! :uhuh:
Must push the developers to bring Rainmeter back to its senses! :twisted: :lol:



Not sure if this would help, but take a look at DesktopWorkArea and DesktopWorkAreaType (these are meant to be added to the [Rainmeter] section of your Rainmeter.ini, aka the current layout). This would make other programs not extend over the bottom 30 pixels of your screen (open to adjustment, of course). Normally, it doesn't include Rainmeter, but it doesn't hurt to try:

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
DesktopWorkAreaType=1
DesktopWorkArea=0,0,0,30

Good point. This is true for other methods as well, like the idea suggested above... :???:
thanks i will try.
btw, can be those 30px be implemented as percentage?
User avatar
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage
Posts: 7451
Joined: February 27th, 2015, 2:38 pm
Location: Terra Yincognita

Re: HotKey plugin 1.0

Post by Yincognito »

lmiol wrote: May 9th, 2023, 4:45 pmBecause rainmeter doesn't seem to understand that it is the default shell
Just for reference, something to think about here, by jsmorley:
However, what Rainmeter isn't is a tool to replace or enhance core Windows functionality outside of that desktop. We have no interest in, nor any intention to try, wresting control of functions that in the nature of things belongs to to the operating system. We don't offer functions that can allow you to replace or enhance the Windows Taskbar, Start menu, Notification area, Login screen, Task Manager, Explorer, or anything else that would be considered part of the Windows user interface "shell".
Of course, that doesn't stop anyone from trying, but, well, it won't be that easy, since it wasn't designed for it in the first place. :confused:
Last edited by Yincognito on May 9th, 2023, 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
User avatar
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage
Posts: 7451
Joined: February 27th, 2015, 2:38 pm
Location: Terra Yincognita

Re: HotKey plugin 1.0

Post by Yincognito »

lmiol wrote: May 9th, 2023, 5:05 pmbtw, can be those 30px be implemented as percentage?
In the said options, nope. But they can be implemented as percentage if you compute them in the [Background] meter's H option:

Code: Select all

H=(#WORKAREAHEIGHT#*0.97222)
This should make the height of the skin on a 1080p screen roughly equal to 1050 aka (1080-30), IF the WORKAREA is initially 1080 as your screenshots seem to indicate (for me, it isn't but I don't replace explorer with Rainmeter, so...). Of course, this is not the same as the options I was referring to above (though I doubt that they will do what you want, they're more of a trial and error thingy). This has the potential to do it, even though I don't think Windows is following that proportionality precisely. Anyway, you should be closer to the objective that way.
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
lmiol
Posts: 18
Joined: April 6th, 2022, 5:36 pm

Re: HotKey plugin 1.0

Post by lmiol »

Yincognito wrote: May 9th, 2023, 5:22 pm In the said options, nope. But they can be implemented as percentage if you compute them in the [Background] meter's H option:

Code: Select all

H=(#WORKAREAHEIGHT#*0.97222)
This should make the height of the skin on a 1080p screen roughly equal to 1050 aka (1080-30), IF the WORKAREA is initially 1080 as your screenshots seem to indicate (for me, it isn't but I don't replace explorer with Rainmeter, so...). Of course, this is not the same as the options I was referring to above (though I doubt that they will do what you want, they're more of a trial and error thingy). This has the potential to do it, even though I don't think Windows is following that proportionality precisely. Anyway, you should be closer to the objective that way.
ah. i thout it will calculated in percentage of resulution screen
because not all desktop resolutions the same =(