Thinking out loud. Know you will put up with it. Out of my ramblings comes the odd good idea
My head is all over the place atm, but that isn't necessarily bad, its playing with several unrelated issues, as it often does, and IT knows that somewhere there is something really good, if they are somehow interconnected, but not sure what yet, it will come as a flash of inspiration (which could be that's a bad idea, but could equally be a WOW moment).
But generally its beginning to clarify. The remote control I built was originally intended to control a star gate, just for fun.
Then I made it double sided to double its capacity, serious overkill for what I wanted, but who knows what someone else will do with it.
Apart from making a smaller version so as not to use up so much screen when on, even though it can minimize to the icon, I thought I would make both a landscape (people being more familiar with old game controllers) and portrait version. That's all easy just time consuming.
But having sooo much spare capacity, I thought one side for all the practical stuff, the other side for Star Gates and other fun ideas.... still easy.
I have been using the stuff I have been doing with you as a learning exercise, but have many other ideas and ways I can use the same code.
I always knew that @include existed... but deliberately didn't play with it till yesterday. But always had an idea in the back of my mind. Being:
For each self contained project of skin, I would put some stuff in an inc file, Which would automatically install the necessary into my remote controller if the users has it, if not it wouldn't be a problem and they could use either it stand alone., also as you know some of my animations are not small, so again was thinking of grouping them as optional special effects, initially for my star gates (but using the same principle for others). Again go if downloaded they automatically install in the correct place and work form the fun side of the remote, IF not no problem.
Hence some of the overthinking, in that I now know in principle how to do all the above, bound to be a few issues (I managed to break Rainmeter 5 times yesterday, with experiments .... But resolved all the problems ... )
In short I'm thinking of re-coding the reverse of the remote (and revising the front) but building in @include on every button, obvilously create a basically empty .inc file for it. as each following project is released it will have an .inc file that will over write the original, so everything will automatically work from the fun side of the remote.
Was also thinking of a GUI for users to program the buttons to do what they want, using in part the same method.
Anyway that's the root of the overthinking, there was a reason for it.