It is currently March 29th, 2024, 2:47 pm

RainLexer 2.20.0 (syntax highlighter for Notepad++)

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: RainLexer 2.20.0 (syntax highlighter for Notepad++)

Post by Yincognito »

oZone wrote: April 5th, 2022, 3:04 pm Missing bangs SetWindowPosition and SetAnchor.

Missing options OnHover and DefaultOnHover.

Both options HideOnMouseOver and DefaultHideOnMouseOver are deprecated.

Also documentation for options above https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/settings/skin-sections/ and https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/skins/rainmeter-section/defaults/ are using deprecated version.

btw
Documentation for RegValue=REG_BINARY is missing (https://docs.rainmeter.net/manual/measures/registry/#RegValue)
Damn, I use SetWindowPosition in one of my skins, but never noticed it's not colored as it should be - good catch(es)! :thumbup:

That being said, it looks all these items were recently added or adjusted in Rainmeter. I suppose the modifications to RainLexer are now done manually, so I wonder if there isn't a way to automate the process (e.g. export a list / "dictionary" of all options, bangs, sections, etc.) each time a new Rainmeter version is built, so the list can be used to either update the necessary changes to RainLexer or check against the previous list to highlight the needed adjustments, in order to avoid otherwise human omissions. Sure, the regexes or whatever that are used to color text in Notepad++ would still have to be done manually, but at least a full list of what should be done would be available as a reference (incidentally, this looks like an interesting skin project :D). If this is worth bothering with and building the "system" doesn't take more time than manually checking things, that is...
Profiles: Rainmeter ProfileDeviantArt ProfileSuites: MYiniMeterSkins: Earth
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

DisableAutoUpdate= in Rainmeter.ini is not being highlighted in the 2.20.0.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Another low priority item for the next release (after 2.20). Measure=WiFiStatus is not recognizing WiFiStatus as a measure (the old plugin syntax is OK).
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

I can't remember what other small inconsistencies I saw (and for some of them, I'm pretty sure it's Notepad++ and not RainLexer at fault), but as a potential addition, would it make sense to highlight also $MouseVariable$ or [&NestedMeasure] similar to the other #Variables#?

I said that I didn't remember, yet I saw one right now in one of my codes: !SetWindowPosition is not highlighted as a bang.
Also in something like [!SetWindowPosition "49.85%" "48.85%" "50.00%" "50.00%"] or [!SetOption Flip Formula (Clamp((Flip+1),0,3))], the numbers aren't properly highlighted.

EDIT: Disregard the reference to !SetWindowPosition not being highlighted above, it was already mentioned a couple of replies before by oZone and the same... me. :oops:
Last edited by Yincognito on April 5th, 2023, 2:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

SysInfo not highlighting new keyword: OS_PRODUCT_NAME

Aside: I'll second Yincognito's suggestion to highlight also $MouseVariable$ or [&NestedMeasure] similar to the other #Variables#?

Thanks!
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Also, on the version I'm using, it is not highlighting the WifiStatus measure either.

Measure=WiFiStatus
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
oZone

Post by oZone »

I have made pull request.

It should include all mentioned missing keywords.
I have also added basic $MouseVariable$ or [&NestedMeasure] styles support, it might need some testing as I don't use them much.
Colors for these styles should be adjusted, since I only copied it from pipe style.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

oZone wrote: April 6th, 2023, 4:31 pm I have made pull request.

It should include all mentioned missing keywords.
I have also added basic $MouseVariable$ or [&NestedMeasure] styles support, it might need some testing as I don't use them much.
Colors for these styles should be adjusted, since I only copied it from pipe style.
I have merged your pull request and done a new build. Available in the first post of this thread, or at:

RainLexer 2.21.0

Thank you VERY much for your help!
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

oZone wrote: April 6th, 2023, 4:31 pmI have made pull request.
jsmorley wrote: April 7th, 2023, 5:35 pmI have merged your pull request and done a new build.
Thank you both - looking and behaving good, as far as I've tried! :thumbup:

I adjusted the MEASURE VARIABLE to RGB = 144, 194, 187 and the MOUSE VARIABLE to RGB = 147, 163, 179 when it comes to the foreground color (the background color is the same as for the rest). The first foreground color is the average between the SECTION and the USER VARIABLE colors (quite fitting for the purpose), while the second is just a permutation of the USER VARIABLE color (whose RGB = 147, 179, 163). As far as I could see, it looks ok both on Zenburn (present in this thread) and on Obsidian (the one I use), as well as others I tried (don't know about the default light one, but I don't see a reason why it shouldn't there too).