Plugin=RunCommand
Parameter=ipconfig /release
State=Hide

[MeasureTurnOn]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=RunCommand
Parameter=ipconfig /renew
State=Hide
What I mean by that is the question; can this RunCommand be used to set to ignore modem pings?
The reason is that when the Release is used, I am getting 'phantom' spikes in my scaled roundline - so using these seems to prevent internet access - but the meter still jumps up every few seconds. Best case scenario as I thought about what that could be. I extrapolated the only thing the PC might be registering are modem pings.

Is there a parameter for ignoring or disabling modem pings either totally, or possibly just according to the skin?
ƈǟռ'ȶ ʄɨӼ ɨȶ ɨʄ ɨȶ ǟɨռ'ȶ ɮʀօӄɛ - ʊռʟɛֆֆ ɨȶ ɨֆ ɨռ ƈօɖɛ.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Question about plugin feature [ignore modem pings?]

Post by SilverAzide »

CodeCode wrote: December 15th, 2022, 3:18 pm So, I have been working with streamlining these measures:

What I mean by that is the question; can this RunCommand be used to set to ignore modem pings?
The reason is that when the Release is used, I am getting 'phantom' spikes in my scaled roundline - so using these seems to prevent internet access - but the meter still jumps up every few seconds. Best case scenario as I thought about what that could be. I extrapolated the only thing the PC might be registering are modem pings.

Is there a parameter for ignoring or disabling modem pings either totally, or possibly just according to the skin?
Those are not really "modem pings", but it doesn't really matter... you just want to suppress them whatever they are. So why not use bangs to disable the network measures just before the call to the RunCommand, then re-enable them right after in the RunCommand's FinishAction? (You might need to add a delay bang before re-enabling.)
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

SilverAzide wrote: December 15th, 2022, 3:40 pm Those are not really "modem pings", but it doesn't really matter... you just want to suppress them whatever they are. So why not use bangs to disable the network measures just before the call to the RunCommand, then re-enable them right after in the RunCommand's FinishAction? (You might need to add a delay bang before re-enabling.)
That is a really good idea - doable. Thanks SilverAzide.

Another related question:
I made a skin that is kind of all in one system monitors etc - eight of them.

The question is all of the measures are in a single ini. Are they continually running even if hidden? If so I'll take the disabled measure over to those also.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

CodeCode wrote: December 15th, 2022, 5:40 pm That is a really good idea - doable. Thanks SilverAzide.

Another related question:
I made a skin that is kind of all in one system monitors etc - eight of them.

The question is all of the measures are in a single ini. Are they continually running even if hidden? If so I'll take the disabled measure over to those also.
I assume you mean "Are they continually running even if disabled?"? (Measures are disabled, meters are hidden.) If so, then the answer is "not really". Rainmeter will need to check them on each update cycle, but as soon as it sees the measure is disabled, it will skip it.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

Hello,
Sorry for the late reply.
I got it working, using a binary variable for each measure group. If 1 show group one, if 0 shoe none. That way I can cycle through the eight measure groups easily:

Code: Select all

[mHoldBase]
Measure=Calc
IfCondition=([mRotateBase] = 45)
IfTrueAction=[!EnableMeasureGroup mShowTwo][!SetVariable Formula "45"][!WriteKeyValue Variables Formula "45" "#@#Preferences.inc"][#Clank#][!Update]
IfFalseAction=[!DisableMeasureGroup mShowTwo][!Update]
IfCondition2=([mRotateBase] = 90)
IfTrueAction2=[!EnableMeasureGroup mShowThree][!SetVariable Formula "90"][!WriteKeyValue Variables Formula "90" "#@#Preferences.inc"][#Clank#][!Update]
IfFalseAction2=[!DisableMeasureGroup mShowThree][!Update]
IfCondition3=([mRotateBase] = 135)
IfTrueAction3=[!EnableMeasureGroup mShowFour][!SetVariable Formula "135"][!WriteKeyValue Variables Formula "135" "#@#Preferences.inc"][#Clank#][!Update]
IfFalseAction3=[!DisableMeasureGroup mShowFour][!Update]
IfCondition4=([mRotateBase] = 180)
IfTrueAction4=[!EnableMeasureGroup mShowFive][!SetVariable Formula "180"][!WriteKeyValue Variables Formula "180" "#@#Preferences.inc"][#Clank#][!Update]
IfFalseAction4=[!DisableMeasureGroup mShowFive][!Update]
IfCondition5=([mRotateBase] = 225)
IfTrueAction5=[!EnableMeasureGroup mShowSix][!SetVariable Formula "225"][!WriteKeyValue Variables Formula "225" "#@#Preferences.inc"][#Clank#][!Update]
IfFalseAction5=[!DisableMeasureGroup mShowSix][!Update]
IfCondition6=([mRotateBase] = 270)
IfTrueAction6=[!EnableMeasureGroup mShowSeven][!SetVariable Formula "270"][!WriteKeyValue Variables Formula "270" "#@#Preferences.inc"][#Clank#][!Update]
IfFalseAction6=[!DisableMeasureGroup mShowSeven][!Update]
IfCondition7=([mRotateBase] = 315)
IfTrueAction7=[!EnableMeasureGroup mShowEight][!SetVariable Formula "315"][!WriteKeyValue Variables Formula "315" "#@#Preferences.inc"][#Clank#][!Update]
IfFalseAction7=[!DisableMeasureGroup mShowEight][!Update]
IfCondition8=([mRotateBase] = 360) || ([mRotateBase] = 0)
IfTrueAction8=[!EnableMeasureGroup mShowOne][!SetVariable Formula "360"][!WriteKeyValue Variables Formula "360" "#@#Preferences.inc"][#Clank#][!Update]
IfFalseAction8=[!DisableMeasureGroup mShowOne][!Update]
DynamicVariables=1
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

Rainmeter ConfIg Measures.gif
Enlarge to see animation.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.