It is currently March 28th, 2024, 2:23 pm

Getting Rainmeter Skin Working with System Temps and Clock Speed

General topics related to Rainmeter.
NismoZ

Getting Rainmeter Skin Working with System Temps and Clock Speed

Post by NismoZ »

I've got rainmeter/rainformer installed. I need some direction on getting the CPU Clock, Fan speed, CPU Temp and drive temp working. Right now they show as zero. I made sure that rainformer HWinfo was running, installed HWinfo and started it, then loaded the CPU skin and still nothing there. What are the steps to make those readings functional?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Getting Rainmeter Skin Working with System Temps and Clock Speed

Post by SilverAzide »

NismoZ wrote: October 30th, 2022, 1:18 am I've got rainmeter/rainformer installed. I need some direction on getting the CPU Clock, Fan speed, CPU Temp and drive temp working. Right now they show as zero. I made sure that rainformer HWinfo was running, installed HWinfo and started it, then loaded the CPU skin and still nothing there. What are the steps to make those readings functional?
Did you enable the "Shared Memory Support" option in HWiNFO? Did you configure the sensor IDs using the Shared Memory Viewer app?
NismoZ

Post by NismoZ »

SilverAzide wrote: October 30th, 2022, 5:32 am Did you enable the "Shared Memory Support" option in HWiNFO? Did you configure the sensor IDs using the Shared Memory Viewer app?
I checked shared memory support, restarted HWinfo and released the skin, nothing. Could not find where shared memory viewer app is to configure the sensors.
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Yincognito »

If this is still a problem, ensuring the Hwinfo version is compatible with the process involving the shared memory app is key. Older Hwinfo versions should have what you need to do that, otherwise you could try using a newer version and the process detailed here but that would require adjusting the Rainformer code to it, if it's not done by the skin developer already.
Lieuallen

Post by Lieuallen »

It might be more than you want, but if nothing else you could download and install my Sensors skin (https://www.deviantart.com/lieuallen/art/Sensors-2-81-845028934). I use HWInfo to get all these stats (and several more), and you could look at my code to see how I did it.
Note that you'll still have to understand how to set-up HWInfo to provide the sensor data to the HWInfo gadgets. Please see https://docs.rainmeter.net/tips/hwinfo/ for more information and directions on how to use HWInfo sensors.