It is currently May 4th, 2024, 9:31 pm

AOVPN IPAddress

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
karljvincent

AOVPN IPAddress

Post by karljvincent »

Hello,

I am using aovpn currently as our vpn solution and was hoping to display the devices aovpn ip address using rainmeter. I have been able to do this by specifying the adapter name exactly but the issue is we have more than one adapter name used in our estate depending on the version of the vpn they have installed.

This is how I am currently doing it;

Code: Select all

[variables]
AdapterName=vpn name

[MeasureVPNIP]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=SysInfo
SysInfoType=IP_ADDRESS
SysinfoData=#AdapterName#
This displays under the logs that VPN Ip address of that adapter therefore I am able to print this into rainmeter;

I have looked into using a wildcard for the vpn name as the format is <vpnname>v1... v2... etc but it appears wildcards don't work with the sysinfo skin.

I would be grateful if anybody has any suggestions?

Thanks,
Karl
Last edited by SilverAzide on September 27th, 2022, 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Please use code tags when posting code. It's the </> button.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Re: AOVPN IPAddress

Post by SilverAzide »

karljvincent wrote: September 27th, 2022, 11:15 am I have looked into using a wildcard for the vpn name as the format is <vpnname>v1... v2... etc but it appears wildcards don't work with the sysinfo skin.

I would be grateful if anybody has any suggestions?

Thanks,
Karl
Have you tried using SysInfoData=Best instead of the actual name? This will require adding DynamicVariables=1 to the measure.

If this does not work and you need to get the name with wildcards, it can be done but it is much more complicated.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
karljvincent

Re: AOVPN IPAddress

Post by karljvincent »

SilverAzide wrote: September 27th, 2022, 11:45 am Have you tried using SysInfoData=Best instead of the actual name? This will require adding DynamicVariables=1 to the measure.

If this does not work and you need to get the name with wildcards, it can be done but it is much more complicated.
Yes we already are using the =Best snippet to deploy the local LAN IP address, we were hoping to deploy this as well as the VPN address