It is currently March 29th, 2024, 1:53 am

Sunrise-Moonset

Weather skins
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Sunrise-Moonset

Post by balala »

hardwired wrote: September 21st, 2022, 4:39 pm You in for another challenge? :-)
Yep, theoretically I am, however there is a time lack problem. Fixing these kind of problems takes a lot of time, which I have not enough these days. However, the question seems challenging, so if there is no rush, sooner or later I'll take a look, to see what I can figure out.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

hardwired wrote: September 21st, 2022, 4:39 pm Exactly that.
So... are you into astronomy? Because I also use the planets.lua from this skin:

https://www.deviantart.com/xenium-art/art/Astronomy-UPDATED-25-JAN-2021-781114590

...and it also doesn't support leading zero's, although it can be fixed by using a dirty substitute in the calculation. However there's another quirk (or even more I have to discover), there's this nasty little 1/60 chance it will calculate a false time, e.g. "XX:60". For instance, yesterday Jupiter rose at 19:60 at my location, a few weeks ago Mars rose at 23:60. I "solved" this by adding another sub, "60":"59", but I feel it's dirty and inaccurate.

You in for another challenge? :-)
Guys, if looking into this, please continue this conversation in the proper thread and leave this one to Mordasius' Sunrise-Moonset skin. This thread has diverged from the topic far enough.
Last edited by SilverAzide on September 21st, 2022, 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected link
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

SilverAzide wrote: September 21st, 2022, 8:21 pm Guys, if looking into this, please continue this conversation in the proper thread and leave this one to Mordasius' Sunrise-Moonset skin. This thread has diverged from the topic far enough.
Sorry, but I don't think DeviantArt is a good place to discuss this. Finally, this discussion has something to do with Sunrise-Moonset, we've started from that skin.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

balala wrote: September 21st, 2022, 8:40 pm Sorry, but I don't think DeviantArt is a good place to discuss this. Finally, this discussion has something to do with Sunrise-Moonset, we've started from that skin.
Sorry, my bad. I meant to link to this thread: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=187680. Your discussion has diverged WAY beyond Sunrise-Moonset, and no longer has anything to do with it. Please keep this thread on topic.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

SilverAzide wrote: September 21st, 2022, 9:32 pm Sorry, my bad. I meant to link to this thread: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?p=187680. Your discussion has diverged WAY beyond Sunrise-Moonset, and no longer has anything to do with it. Please keep this thread on topic.
Ok, with this link it makes more sense. From my part it's alright to continue there.
hardwired

Post by hardwired »

balala wrote: September 21st, 2022, 5:29 pm Yep, theoretically I am, however there is a time lack problem. Fixing these kind of problems takes a lot of time, which I have not enough these days. However, the question seems challenging, so if there is no rush, sooner or later I'll take a look, to see what I can figure out.
No rush, i'll keep checking the other thread suggested by SilverAzide from time to time balala.