It is currently April 26th, 2024, 9:32 pm

Change skin position/layout when display orientation changes

General topics related to Rainmeter.
btr999

Change skin position/layout when display orientation changes

Post by btr999 »

I have a monitor which I occassionally need to rotate the screen orientation to landscape or portrait mode. Whenever the orientation changes I will have to reposition the skin on that screen. Is there any way to automatically reposition all the skins without having to manually do it?
tass_co

Re: Change skin position/layout when display orientation changes

Post by tass_co »

btr999 wrote: June 3rd, 2022, 2:22 am I have a monitor which I occassionally need to rotate the screen orientation to landscape or portrait mode. Whenever the orientation changes I will have to reposition the skin on that screen. Is there any way to automatically reposition all the skins without having to manually do it?
You can save layouts for 2 cases separately.
03-06-2022 10_34_18-Manage Rainmeter.png
You can change to layouts with a code.

Code: Select all

LeftMouseUpAction=[!LoadLayout "My Saved Layout"]
or commandline

Code: Select all

"C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.exe" !LoadLayout "My Saved Layout"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I don't know where i going from here, but i promise it won't be boring... :great:
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

You might want to look at RainRez 3.0
It will require some initial setup, but then it should detect the resolution change from portrait to landscape and automatically load another chosen layout.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

eclectic-tech wrote: June 3rd, 2022, 11:05 am You might want to look at RainRez 3.0
It will require some initial setup, but then it should detect the resolution change from portrait to landscape and automatically load another chosen layout.
RainRez is such a great add-on, especially for laptop users! It's possible to do what this add-on does with just Rainmeter code, but this is WAY easier.

I just wish per-resolution auto-switching layouts were a built-in part of Rainmeter itself.

Here, I'll volunteer to do the hard part:
Layout.png
There... now the devs can do the easy bit to implement the new checkbox. ;-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
tass_co

Post by tass_co »

SilverAzide wrote: June 3rd, 2022, 3:57 pm RainRez is such a great add-on, especially for laptop users! It's possible to do what this add-on does with just Rainmeter code, but this is WAY easier.

I just wish per-resolution auto-switching layouts were a built-in part of Rainmeter itself.

Here, I'll volunteer to do the hard part:
Layout.png
There... now the devs can do the easy bit to implement the new checkbox. ;-)
Good idea :great:
However, users should be able to specify this resolution (for unusual screen resolutions) :thumbup:
I don't know where i going from here, but i promise it won't be boring... :great: