It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:07 pm

Cheatsheet / Hotkey skin

General topics related to Rainmeter.
Cupcake-Pompier

Cheatsheet / Hotkey skin

Post by Cupcake-Pompier »

There are a lot of apps out there for Mac that show you the hotkeys / a cheatsheet of the currently used app.
Always wanted this on windows, and just realized it can be done using rainmeter.
proof on concept/explanation:
Am I the first or has this already been done before?
Yincognito
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Cheatsheet / Hotkey skin

Post by Yincognito »

Cupcake-Pompier wrote: March 23rd, 2022, 3:13 pm There are a lot of apps out there for Mac that show you the hotkeys / a cheatsheet of the currently used app.
Always wanted this on windows, and just realized it can be done using rainmeter.
proof on concept/explanation:
Am I the first or has this already been done before?
Well, it's the first time that I see such a skin in Rainmeter, but obviously I didn't see them all, far from it. Nice work! :thumbup:
When it comes to hotkeys, most folks use Rainmeter to "do something" when a hotkey is pressed via the HotKey plugin by Brian. Showing available hotkeys for a program of your choice is great to have too though - now if there was a database of some sort with the hotkeys used by various software, you could display the hotkeys for the currently running program from that database, via the Process measure (doing that on program window focus instead of on running would be even better, but that's another story).
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

Cupcake-Pompier wrote: March 23rd, 2022, 3:13 pm Always wanted this on windows, and just realized it can be done using rainmeter.
Where is that skin? Is there a link or something or I am simply missing something?
tass_co

Post by tass_co »

Simple but usefull skin :thumbup:
balala wrote: March 23rd, 2022, 3:37 pm Where is that skin? Is there a link or something or I am simply missing something?
I think, its working principle consists of show and hide the image logic.
Attachments
2015-adobe-photoshop-keyboard-shortcuts-cheat-sheet.png
Cupcake-Pompier

Post by Cupcake-Pompier »

@Yincognito thanks, helpful resources. You understand where i am trying to go. :D
@tass_co It's a proof on concept indeed, more effective and quick than trying to put it into words.;-)
tass_co

Post by tass_co »

Cupcake-Pompier wrote: March 23rd, 2022, 4:57 pm @tass_co It's a proof on concept indeed, more effective and quick than trying to put it into words.;-)
I think nice idea :thumbup:

Many applications can be added on a dock.

If you can I'll be the first to download your skin :)
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

tass_co wrote: March 23rd, 2022, 4:42 pm I think, its working principle consists of show and hide the image logic.
My question is if the skin is available for download. But I guess it's not yet...
tass_co

Post by tass_co »

balala wrote: March 23rd, 2022, 6:27 pm My question is if the skin is available for download. But I guess it's not yet...
EDIT: Misunderstanding. I apologize to everyone
Last edited by tass_co on March 23rd, 2022, 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

tass_co wrote: March 23rd, 2022, 8:54 pm Here balala
Interesting idea. Doesn't really makes sense to me to have a Rainmeter skin with all those hotkeys as a list, but finally it probably is a good idea for interested folks out there.
However the topic has not been started by you. Why you are the one who is sharing this skin?
tass_co

Post by tass_co »

balala wrote: March 23rd, 2022, 9:25 pm Interesting idea. Doesn't really makes sense to me to have a Rainmeter skin with all those hotkeys as a list, but finally it probably is a good idea for interested folks out there.
However the topic has not been started by you. Why you are the one who is sharing this skin?
I misunderstood
I thought you wanted the skin.
Sorry :(