It is currently April 26th, 2024, 6:07 am

Rainmeter Skins Disappear Upon Using Win+D or taskbar desktop button

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
LoneSpectre

Rainmeter Skins Disappear Upon Using Win+D or taskbar desktop button

Post by LoneSpectre »

Just got my new laptop, and its running Windows 11, good specs and all. Haven't had a good rig in a while - or ever - so I was excited to finally set it up exactly the way I like, and so far, it's been going well. However, whenever I use win+D or use the taskbar go to my desktop, all the skins disappear. Well, it's just a dock and a visualizer right now, but still.

They are set to Position->Desktop, and most of the threads I've read on this topic that was what people recommended, so I'm unsure as to what the issue is exactly. Even that didn't fix it. I've tried other positions too, and while topmost makes them stay after going to desktop, well... it's not exactly the best option. Other ideas I've seen are use win+M or other shortcuts instead, but considering the amount of people I've read who said they have had no problem with this, I'm not sure if it's something on my end that I might be able to fix or what. Otherwise, I guess I'll be resigned to using that.

Any ideas?
Active Colors

Re: Rainmeter Skins Disappear Upon Using Win+D or taskbar desktop button

Post by Active Colors »

This happens to me as well but not always. Once every 1-3 weeks I can spot this issue. I am not sure why. Everything runs per usual without any changes to my setup. I have Windows 7. Might be a completely Windows bug.

Usually, after I play with the hide/show button or press Win+D several times in a row the issue goes away but it can take a while until it gets back to normal.

Does it happen to you always? By always I mean this happens to you every time, or sometimes?

Can you try setting your skin positions to Normal and see what happens?
LoneSpectre

Post by LoneSpectre »

Always happens. Every time I go to desktop using one of those two buttons, this happens. Tried pressing it a couple of times but it didn't seem to make any difference. Tries messing with different position and none of them removed the issue.

On another note, does anyone know if there's a way to change windows shortcuts? As in, make Win+D minimize and Win+M go to desktop instead of how it normally is? Haven't found anything on that either.
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

LoneSpectre wrote: October 29th, 2021, 9:39 pm Always happens. Every time I go to desktop using one of those two buttons, this happens. Tried pressing it a couple of times but it didn't seem to make any difference. Tries messing with different position and none of them removed the issue.
I think you have some application running that interferes this. I have prepared a small guide for this issue that covers all possible scenarios and apps that I've seen interfering with Desktop. Follow this link: https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=38833