It is currently April 19th, 2024, 11:29 am

Market Prices

RSS, ATOM and other feeds, GMail, Stocks, any information retrieved from the internet
tevvie

Re: Market Prices

Post by tevvie »

Awesome. 10 minute refresh works for me! I think I only had slower tickers in mine so it seemed like it wasn't updating at all.

Thanks!
JLO

Post by JLO »

I was able to load this and add stocks successfully although I had to add 1 number extra to the NumberOfStocks variable then I actually had (16 instead of actually having 15) otherwise it wouldnt show any stocks past 8 even though the box expanded lower (the second half was blank).

As far as questions, can this be scaled up and can the font/s be changed so I can make it easier to see and read?
(I found the font size - in "Skinvars.inc" )

The gain/loss percentages seem to be off as well. Today, it is showing AMZN as gaining 2.8% when it's only 1.59% according to CNBCs website. BTC is stated as -10.3% when CNBC has it as 1.41%. The actual prices values are correct though.

Thanks again, this is great!
Alienmoon

Post by Alienmoon »

JLO wrote: October 7th, 2021, 7:23 pm I was able to load this and add stocks successfully although I had to add 1 number extra to the NumberOfStocks variable then I actually had (16 instead of actually having 15) otherwise it wouldnt show any stocks past 8 even though the box expanded lower (the second half was blank).

As far as questions, can this be scaled up and can the font/s be changed so I can make it easier to see and read?
(I found the font size - in "Skinvars.inc" )

The gain/loss percentages seem to be off as well. Today, it is showing AMZN as gaining 2.8% when it's only 1.59% according to CNBCs website. BTC is stated as -10.3% when CNBC has it as 1.41%. The actual prices values are correct though.

Thanks again, this is great!
you can Edit the font size, colour, type Etc, by right clicking the skin and then clicking Manage skin.
A new window will open and in the top right, you'll see "Unload" - "Refresh" - "Edit",... click Edit and scroll down and you'll come across the font code,.. I've also edited my font size, colour, Etc.

Prices are at times delayed, though you can manually refresh by clicking middle mouse or right clicking skin and clicking refresh.

I personally can't load more than 9 stocks, any stocks i add above 9 stocks keeps showing comcast.com,... so i have to use two of the same skin on my desktop, I use one skin for all my stocks that are always in the green/profit :D and the other skin for stocks in the red/losing. :o
I Want To believe
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

JLO wrote: October 7th, 2021, 7:23 pm I was able to load this and add stocks successfully although I had to add 1 number extra to the NumberOfStocks variable then I actually had (16 instead of actually having 15) otherwise it wouldnt show any stocks past 8 even though the box expanded lower (the second half was blank).
Alienmoon wrote: October 9th, 2021, 9:24 am I personally can't load more than 9 stocks, any stocks i add above 9 stocks keeps showing comcast.com,...
Markets.jpg
Are you both talking about the MarketPrices skin? I've just downloaded it from Deviant Art https://www.deviantart.com/mordasius/art/Market-Prices-755702746, added one extra stock code, set the NumberOfStocks=15 and the above is a screen shot of what shows on my desktop.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Themmuns

Post by Themmuns »

Hi!

Love the extension! My only issue currently is the limit of my screen height, Is it possible to double the columns?

So having the main ticker column with stats beside it, then literally having a duplicated second column displaying the same with adjustable tickers as well?
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Themmuns wrote: October 13th, 2021, 12:13 pm Hi!

Love the extension! My only issue currently is the limit of my screen height, Is it possible to double the columns?

So having the main ticker column with stats beside it, then literally having a duplicated second column displaying the same with adjustable tickers as well?
Couldn't you just copy the skin folder and create as many duplicate skins as you want? Then you could have 2, 3, or however many you want.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
Themmuns

Post by Themmuns »

SilverAzide wrote: October 13th, 2021, 12:55 pm Couldn't you just copy the skin folder and create as many duplicate skins as you want? Then you could have 2, 3, or however many you want.
I guess yes that is a possibility, However having it integrated into a single app instead of running multiple instances would be better personally.
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

Themmuns wrote: October 14th, 2021, 10:40 am having it integrated into a single app instead of running multiple instances would be better personally.
Seems to me that SilverAzide's idea is the most pragmatic and practical but if you're really against it you could always turn your monitor through 90 degrees, right click on your desktop and click Display Settings, scroll down to Scale and Layout and under Orientation select Portrait from the dropdown menu.

Depending on your screen resolution you could get almost double the number of quotes from a single version of the skin....
Adj39

Post by Adj39 »

Hi Mordasius,

I would like to list 4 stocks only instead of the default 8, but whenever I change the “NumberOfStocks=8” parameter in the “MyStockCodes.inc” file to anything lower than 8, the skin hangs and displays “loading” where all stock names should be displayed.

If I change the MyStockCodes.inc back to the original 8 stocks and refresh, the loading error still persists and it can only be reset by deleting the skin folder and re-installing the skin. The skin then works fine when I delete and reinstall the skin (and leave it at 8 stocks), but the loading error persists again whenever I change the number of stocks.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Excellent skin btw. Thanks.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

Adj39 wrote: November 10th, 2021, 1:51 am Hi Mordasius,

I would like to list 4 stocks only instead of the default 8, but whenever I change the “NumberOfStocks=8” parameter in the “MyStockCodes.inc” file to anything lower than 8, the skin hangs and displays “loading” where all stock names should be displayed.

If I change the MyStockCodes.inc back to the original 8 stocks and refresh, the loading error still persists and it can only be reset by deleting the skin folder and re-installing the skin. The skin then works fine when I delete and reinstall the skin (and leave it at 8 stocks), but the loading error persists again whenever I change the number of stocks.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Excellent skin btw. Thanks.
Exactly which skin are you referring to? The original/current skin on DA, Market Prices, uses a default of 3 and does not have a file called MyStockCodes.inc (it is StockSymbols.inc). It is working perfectly for me:

Annotation 2021-11-09 225737.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...