It is currently March 29th, 2024, 6:28 am

My First Skin Help

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
MourningStar

Re: My First Skin Help

Post by MourningStar »

I searched one of the ini files using the term refresh and only one instance :

OnRefreshAction=[!CommandMeasure FontList "Run"][!CommandMeasure Slider "Stop 1"][!CommandMeasure Slider "Stop 2"][!CommandMeasure Slider "Execute 2"]
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

MourningStar wrote: September 20th, 2021, 11:33 pm I searched one of the ini files using the term refresh and only one instance :
You need to search for !Refresh, and especially for !RefreshApp.
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
MourningStar

Post by MourningStar »

SilverAzide wrote: September 21st, 2021, 12:06 am You need to search for !Refresh, and especially for !RefreshApp.
well, Notepad's 'find' utility will locate all instances of the input characters, even if embedded (as per my previous post) and with the 'Match Case' box unchecked.

However, just to be able to say 'I did', I went ahead and input the terms exactly as you posted. Again, only the one instance found.
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

MourningStar wrote: September 21st, 2021, 12:24 am well, Notepad's 'find' utility will locate all instances of the input characters, even if embedded (as per my previous post) and with the 'Match Case' box unchecked.

However, just to be able to say 'I did', I went ahead and input the terms exactly as you posted. Again, only the one instance found.
Well, if that's correct, and if you are correct in saying Rainmeter is completely refreshing when you change a color or something, then you have not searched the proper file yet. You need to do a global search on every file in the skin folder. It is definitely in there somewhere. Notepad++ has a "find all" that will search everything (you need to include .inc files and .lua scripts too).
Gadgets Wiki GitHub More Gadgets...
MourningStar

Post by MourningStar »

ok- I assume a refresh is happening because all the skins momentarily vanish and reappear. The behavior is similar to a refresh all, to me but I do not 'really' know if that it is a 'refresh all' occurring.
Last edited by MourningStar on September 21st, 2021, 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

MourningStar wrote: September 21st, 2021, 3:23 am ok- I assume a refresh is happening because all the skins momentarily vanish and reappear. The behavior is similar to a refresh all, to me but I do not 'really' know if that it is a 'refresh all' occurring.
You can use this to check.

Code: Select all

[Calc]
Measure=Calc
Formula=Calc+1
[Meter]
Meter=String
MeasureName=Calc
FontSize=20
FontWeight=500
Padding=5,5,5,5
SolidColor=FFFFFF
AntiAlias=1
from the Realm of Death
balala
Rainmeter Sage

Post by balala »

MourningStar wrote: September 21st, 2021, 3:23 am ok- I assume a refresh is happening because all the skins momentarily vanish and reappear. The behavior is similar to a refresh all, to me but I do not 'really' know if that it is a 'refresh all' occurring.
The posted video explains everything: there is no need you to look for the !Refresh bang. The refresh is caused by the RainRGB addon. When you click OK on that window, the activated skins are refreshed by this app.
I recommend you not to use RainRGB. When it has been written many years ago, it was an useful tool, but in meantime other plain Rainmeter tools (skins) have been developed to set colors. I can't right now quickly recommend one, but will search them a little bit later.
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

balala wrote: September 21st, 2021, 8:33 am The refresh is caused by the RainRGB addon. When you click OK on that window, the activated skins are refreshed by this app.
I recommend you not to use RainRGB.
RainRGB can refresh just one specific skin or several chosen skins as well instead of everything loaded.
The reason why everything is refreshed is this:
If the entire parameter "RefreshConfig" is left off, all currently loaded configs will be refreshed.
What you need to do is to add RefreshConfig parameter in the command.
Here is how. From the ReadMe.txt of RainRGB:
Example as called from Rainmeter:
SomeAction=["#ADDONSPATH#RainRGB\RainRGB.exe" "VarName=MyTextColor" "FileName=#CURRENTPATH#UserVariables.inc" "Alpha=200" "RefreshConfig=RainRGB"]

- RefreshConfig : OPTIONAL
This is the name(s) of the Rainmeter config (ex: Enigma\Sidebar) you wish to refresh after the variable has been set.
You may specify multiple configs to refresh by using " | " as a separator.
Example: "RefreshConfig=JSMorley\JSClock | JSMorley\JSWeather". The spaces before and after the "pipe" character are required.
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

balala wrote: September 21st, 2021, 8:33 am in meantime other plain Rainmeter tools (skins) have been developed to set colors. I can't right now quickly recommend one, but will search them a little bit later.
While I am here, there are couple of recent color pickers I have in my bookmarks, if you wish:
1↗ 2↗ 3↗ 4↗
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

Active Colors wrote: September 21st, 2021, 10:36 am While I am here, there are couple of recent color pickers I have in my bookmarks, if you wish:
1↗ 2↗ 3↗ 4↗
I wouldn't recommend 2 cause tho it works, it is outdated and not that flexible like it's newer version, 1.

You can delete that thread or keep it for the sake of keeping.

Btw, Documentation for 1 ↗
from the Realm of Death