It is currently March 28th, 2024, 5:45 pm

Jump Lists

General topics related to Rainmeter.
OrionsHope

Jump Lists

Post by OrionsHope »

...or at least I think that's what I want to know about. Every skin I've tried to edit has collapsible brackets down the left side. Somebody spot me a clue and tell me how to make that go! And yes, I'm using Npp.
CodeCode

Re: Jump Lists

Post by CodeCode »

This might be what it sounded like you needed: external Video
OrionsHope

Post by OrionsHope »

Yes and no. I've run into that information before, though I do appreciate your willingness to help. I've read about setting up some custom delimiters for folding sections in npp and even set some up thinking that was the answer. My setups do work but they do not look like the rest. The standard (use your imagination here if I'm not describing it in the correct terms), from left to right on my screen: number column, folding level indicator with NO discernible bottom delimiter, then text. Also, those sections don't highlight themselves after they've been sectioned off and mine do... OK I think I solved part of the problem just now while typing this. I changed the language to XML on a whim and my "folders" look like the rest now but not quite. See in the pic with the Imagine Dragons song quotes how I have the folder set at the ">1" ? I need that to start at the band's name. Ideally, I'd like to be able to fold the info using the same sort of technique at both levels and have them nested but I'm cool with separate sections. What I don't understand is why mine looks like it does and not like the other. As far as I can tell, there is no discernible lower delimiter and, at least in mine, the beginning characters are not being treated equally so how do I tell it to act in the traditional fashion? I attached some photos to help you understand what I'm trying to say. :?
Attachments
Screenshot (20210829-045043).jpg
Screenshot (20210829-042217).jpg
CodeCode

Post by CodeCode »

I take another poke at this.

Possibly different versions/builds?

Excuse my tilt on this, but I think you might find that SublimeText3 has all of the features, syntax highlighting, user defined jump/fold points but versioning has not to my knowledge removed any features as the builds progress.
Some text editors seem to be willy nilly about what features are in or out of use, but the paradox is those text editors all have trial versions with pro to be unlocked for a price. NP++ doesn't do that, but I have found for rainmeter and other scripting languages SublimeText3 takes the show every time.

<end tirade> :oops:
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

OrionsHope wrote: August 29th, 2021, 10:58 am Yes and no. I've run into that information before, though I do appreciate your willingness to help. I've read about setting up some custom delimiters for folding sections in npp and even set some up thinking that was the answer. My setups do work but they do not look like the rest. The standard (use your imagination here if I'm not describing it in the correct terms), from left to right on my screen: number column, folding level indicator with NO discernible bottom delimiter, then text. Also, those sections don't highlight themselves after they've been sectioned off and mine do... OK I think I solved part of the problem just now while typing this. I changed the language to XML on a whim and my "folders" look like the rest now but not quite. See in the pic with the Imagine Dragons song quotes how I have the folder set at the ">1" ? I need that to start at the band's name. Ideally, I'd like to be able to fold the info using the same sort of technique at both levels and have them nested but I'm cool with separate sections. What I don't understand is why mine looks like it does and not like the other. As far as I can tell, there is no discernible lower delimiter and, at least in mine, the beginning characters are not being treated equally so how do I tell it to act in the traditional fashion? I attached some photos to help you understand what I'm trying to say. :?
It's not Rainmeter related. So please keep such help requests outside of Help subforum.

Anyway, get Visual Studio Code from Microsoft.

Get this extension:

Name: Ini for VSCode
Id: davidwang.ini-for-vscode
Description: Provide outline view and section folding for INI file.
Version: 0.0.4
Publisher: David Wang
VS Marketplace Link: https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=DavidWang.ini-for-vscode
From here search and choose Ini:
Screenshot 2021-08-29 220105.png
Last edited by death.crafter on August 29th, 2021, 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OrionsHope

Post by OrionsHope »

Um, excuse my ignorance here, but am I not discussing how to program Rainmeter and showing pics of actual Rainmeter skin code on a desktop that clearly shows said skin in use? If I can't come to a Rainmeter forum under such circumstances, I then ask two questions. First, where exactly "should" I be? Second, if I can't come to a Rainmeter forum with a Rainmeter question, just what, exactly, are you doing with your time here?! Oh, and I don't want to hear about how it's a "coding" question either. You're splitting hairs and I'm already going bald :welcome:
SilverAzide
Rainmeter Sage

Post by SilverAzide »

death.crafter wrote: August 29th, 2021, 4:31 pm
Knock it off with the shouting. This isn't necessary.
OrionsHope wrote: August 29th, 2021, 5:24 pm Um, excuse my ignorance here, but am I not discussing how to program Rainmeter and showing pics of actual Rainmeter skin code on a desktop that clearly shows said skin in use? If I can't come to a Rainmeter forum under such circumstances, I then ask two questions. First, where exactly "should" I be? Second, if I can't come to a Rainmeter forum with a Rainmeter question, just what, exactly, are you doing with your time here?!
This thread is better to be in the General Discussion forum, as it is not about the Rainmeter application or a particular skin, but more about programming or editing in general. I will move this discussion there for you.
OrionsHope

Post by OrionsHope »

Do that, thank you. FWIW, I found a work-around that I'm going to try. If I don't get back to you, you may safely assume that it worked so for future reference, here you go: I opened one of the unaltered skins and looked at what language it showed up in. The answer is INI. I then saved a copy as plain text for my own needs. I am smarter than the average bear, after all :bow: Humble too :D
Last edited by OrionsHope on August 29th, 2021, 6:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

OrionsHope wrote: August 29th, 2021, 5:24 pm Um, excuse my ignorance here, but am I not discussing how to program Rainmeter and showing pics of actual Rainmeter skin code on a desktop that clearly shows said skin in use? If I can't come to a Rainmeter forum under such circumstances, I then ask two questions. First, where exactly "should" I be? Second, if I can't come to a Rainmeter forum with a Rainmeter question, just what, exactly, are you doing with your time here?! Oh, and I don't want to hear about how it's a "coding" question either. You're splitting hairs and I'm already going bald :welcome:
Nah, I should have been more specific. As SilverAzide explained, General Discussion would be a good place.
SilverAzide wrote: August 29th, 2021, 5:45 pm Knock it off with the shouting. This isn't necessary.
Screenshot 2021-08-30 000708.png
Will this do? :D
Just kidding
OrionsHope

Post by OrionsHope »

Well the short story is that my plan worked. Had some other hiccups that aren't of concern here, but I got it done. Thank you guys for your help. :great: