It is currently March 28th, 2024, 7:06 pm

PopupDock

Skins to open folders and launch applications and websites
tass_co

PopupDock

Post by tass_co »

Hi everyone,

I made a skin for myself. Because I am a lazy man. I dont want to use keyboard, start button etc. :D

I have a mouse with extra buttons.I created a hotkey and this hotkey when you press the button shows or hides that skin. Very useful for me ;-)

I want to share you because maybe you can make this skin very useful.

Description:
  • I used hotkey to "SHIFT CTRL ALT G".If you want to change you have to change this line in skin file
    [MeaShow]
    Measure=Plugin
    Plugin=Hotkey
    Hotkey=SHIFT CTRL ALT G
    KeyUpAction=[!Delay 10][!ToggleMeterGroup BtnP][!Move ([MeaMX]-154) ([MeaMY]-150)][[!Update *][!Redraw]
    DynamicVariables=1
  • Popup apps/app icons: You have to change manually. I am sorry that :(
  • PopupDock has a timer. I use for pc shutdown or hibernate. If you do mouse scroll up on "ZZZ icon" hibernate activated. Otherwise shutdown activated.
    You can do change to timer with mouse scroll or mouse click. Left click +, Right click -.
    Play button activates countdown. Stop button stops countdown. X button resets timer...
  • When you install you should change to skin position to "stay topmost"
Screenshot v1:
Untitled.png
Screenshot v2:
Untitled.png
GIF:
GIF 31.07.2021 02-16-45.gif
DOWNLOAD:
PopupDock_1.0.0.rmskin
PopupDock_v2.0.rmskin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by tass_co on August 3rd, 2021, 7:30 am, edited 9 times in total.
I don't know where i going from here, but i promise it won't be boring... :great:
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Re: PopupDock v1.0

Post by death.crafter »

tass_co wrote: July 30th, 2021, 11:14 pm Hi everyone,

I made a skin for myself. Because I am a lazy man. I dont want to use keyboard, start button etc. :D

I have a mouse with extra buttons.I created a hotkey and this hotkey when you press the button shows or hides that skin. Very useful for me ;-)

I want to share you because maybe you can make this skin very useful.

Description:

* I couldnt create rmskin file. Because of plugins. I shared RAR file and you have to unrar to your skin directory.
* I used 2 plugins. Hotkey (https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=18849) + MouseXY (https://forum.rainmeter.net/viewtopic.php?t=22900)
* Popup apps/app icons: You have to change manually. I am sorry that :(
* PopupDock has a timer. I use for pc shutdown or hibernate. If you do mouse scroll up on "ZZZ icon" hibernate activated. Otherwise shutdown activated.
You can do change to timer with mouse scroll or mouse click. Left click +, Right click -.
Play button activates countdown. Stop button stops countdown. X button resets timer...

Screenshot:
Untitled.png

GIF:
GIF 31.07.2021 02-16-45.gif

DOWNLOAD:
PopupDock v1.0.rar
You can attach plugins by using add plugins in skin packer.
Screenshot 2021-07-31 112237.png
And also it's a good practice not to share it in an archive. People get suspicious you know.

Tho this skin is safe.

Nice work :thumbup:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
from the Realm of Death
tass_co

Post by tass_co »

death.crafter wrote: July 31st, 2021, 5:54 am You can attach plugins by using add plugins in skin packer.
Screenshot 2021-07-31 112237.png
And also it's a good practice not to share it in an archive. People get suspicious you know.

Tho this skin is safe.

Nice work :thumbup:
first of all thank you :)

I tried to make rmskin but i encountered plugin error (i had have not 32bit files).

Now, i downloaded those plugins again and made rmskin file ;-)
I don't know where i going from here, but i promise it won't be boring... :great:
Active Colors

Post by Active Colors »

tass_co wrote: July 31st, 2021, 6:53 am (i had have not 32bit files).
Rainmeter saves 32 and 64 bit plugins when you install other skins. It saves them to the @Vault folder. It is located inside of the Skins folder.
Active Colors

Re: PopupDock v1.0 (Updated for Rmskin type file)

Post by Active Colors »

Good skin. Nice idea!
tass_co

Post by tass_co »

Active Colors wrote: July 31st, 2021, 6:57 am Good skin. Nice idea!
Sometimes people share plugins with skins. If i dont like it skins, only i install 64bit plugins.
Because i use 64bit OS and i dont need 32bit dll files :phhht Problem has come from there

Thank you for info and good words :)
death.crafter
Rainmeter Sage

Post by death.crafter »

tass_co wrote: July 31st, 2021, 7:16 am Sometimes people share plugins with skins. If i dont like it skins, only i install 64bit plugins.
Because i use 64bit OS and i dont need 32bit dll files :phhht Problem has come from there

Thank you for info and good words :)
Actually, the skin installer installs plugins according to your architecture. So even if it packs both, it will install only 64 bit. But both versions will be stored in @Vault\Plugins for packaging skins you make. And it's doesn't take much of a storage. All your plugins wouldn't make 20mb all together.
from the Realm of Death
tass_co

Post by tass_co »

death.crafter wrote: July 31st, 2021, 8:35 am Actually, the skin installer installs plugins according to your architecture. So even if it packs both, it will install only 64 bit. But both versions will be stored in @Vault\Plugins for packaging skins you make. And it's doesn't take much of a storage. All your plugins wouldn't make 20mb all together.
absolutetly you are right. I know that but i dont know why i am doing. I guess addiction :confused: